CDIH

Full Version: I don't watch TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It has been over a year since I have stopped watching TV. It wasn't an intentional act. My life has been in a transitional state for the past little while and I've been moving around quite a bit. Where I've been for the past year I haven't felt like being bothered to go getting another TV and getting cable. I miss the sports for the most part (I do watch football everyweek though at a friends). I wake up and go about my business and I find that I have no clue what is going on weather-wise, news-wise, and recent interesting event-wise each day.

The funny part to me is listening to people talk about TV related subjects and they do it quite often. I hear about survivor, fear factor, mtv video music awards, "bennifer". Lots and lots of meaningless bullshit that seems to occupy a lot of people's thought and time. Someone will come up to me and say did you see such and such last night. I say no i don't watch tv and they look at me like I'm out of my fucking mind. I'll hear people talking about a bit of gossip they heard or saw on tv and I'll ask them why do you care and waste your time witrh such nonsense? They say they don't really it's just something to talk about. Yet it is amazing how much time people spend with their tvs. If they aren't watching it they are discussing it. No shit right? Yes maybe but to have the perspective I have on it now, being out of the loop and all, is pretty cool. TV is a drug. You don't snort it, smoke it or inject it. It goes through your eyes and ears and it takes over your life. It just so happens that it's a socailly acceptable "drug" and people can generally "do" it and keep the wheels of society rolling.
I'm gonna stop I swear.

I'll set aside $5 a day if I have to.... then I'll use the money to buy a bigger TV.
I don't watch that much TV, only a select bunch of shows - most times I'm doing some kind of work on the house or I'm posting here.
Can I wait until after the season premiere of Smallville? They've just been hyping it so much that I can barely contain my excitement.
I didn't move for four hours last night.

I watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, The Joe Schmoe Show, NYPD Blue, Seinfeld, and Howard Stern

Then I pissed, brushed my teeth, and went to bed.
Fuck! I missed Joe Schmo last night!
Matt knocked Dr. Pat the fuck out
They'll replay it - it seems like that show is always on.
Galt Wrote:Matt knocked Dr. Pat the fuck out
No foolies? Why?
he checked her during a game and she got flattened (picture Brad Pitt getting punched in Snatch and going parallel to the mat), then smashed her head on the ground and she cried like a bitch. Then Matt cried (AGAIN!!!!)
Wow... thank god for these little chats around the water cooler. I would have been grinding my teeth in suspense till I caught the rerun.
I feel shame.

That was sarcasm wasn't it. I missed it the first two times. But you laid it on a bit thick this last time.
No... I really really really meant that.
I find less and less time to watch TV. I never made an conscience effort to not watch, it just happened due to my lifestyle. I agree with DIG that its more or less a waste of time, but there are certain shows I wish I had time to watch. I guess I need TIVO.
Danked made me feel about this ---------------> . <--------------- big
If Bland were here, he'd make some sort of joke about how at that size, you'll finally have some elbow room in your new place.
I quit the board.
Now you'll have more time for TV.
This is great by the way, now I too can say that I ran someone off the board.
Galt is our very own Joe Schmoe.

I love the goofy bastard.
Pages: 1 2