CDIH

Full Version: Some things I've noticed - I'm sure there'll be more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are no supermarkets. d'Agostinos is what you would get if Super Stop and Shop freeze dried and shrunk to 1/10th the original size.

Drinks are insanely expensive. I went to normal place. No band. No DJ. $10 for a mixed drink. Oh, and a $25 cover.

There are REALLY a lot of small businesses. Everywhere else, it's major chains concentrated in malls or big plazas. Here, there really aren't a lot of large chains for buying stuff. It's just small businesses along every street. I've always heard that 80% of the businesses in the country employ less than 10 people. And now I can see why.

The chains that do exist, exist only here. I've never heard of Duane Reade. Ever in my life. Ever. Granted, I've only been in the city for two weeks, but I've seen 50 Duane Reades and not a CVS, Walgreens, Brooks, or Osco.

The hot chick/normal chick ratio is better here than Boston. So much so that it shouldn't even be talked about.

Cabs are cheap.

Aside from work, I will have no reason to go 5 blocks from my apartment.

There's a public access channel that shows nudity? That can't be right.
Quote:Drinks are insanely expensive. I went to normal place. No band. No DJ. $10 for a mixed drink. Oh, and a $25 cover.

We need to get you to some better bars.
Watching you experience everything for the first time like this gives me goosebumps. Just wait until you start going to your usual bodega

Oh, and you need to start going to the less touristy places. I submit that the best food in the world is found in Brooklyn
Where exactly have you been drinking? (names, locations)

You have to leave Manhattan to get to the parts of the city that have supermarkets, and CVS and Walgreens.
Did you get your first STD yet?
Is it possible to get the TD without the S? I've been sick for a week and a half.

I just walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and noticed that my eyes are totally dilated. It looks like I'm rolling my face of right now.
i never heard of a "store 24" before i gone to boston. every city has their own chains, its not a new york thing. there are major chains in new york that exist all over as well, probrobly more so in new york than any other city. you just have to know where to look, the more touristy areas will prove that. times square for instance.

have you figured out the subway system yet? i think theres no easier way to get around the city, even though it gets extremely hot on the platforms sometimes and barely ventilated. cabs are cheap but still takes much longer than just hopping on a train.

have you gone to a greys papaya yet? you should try some dive bars, sounds like you've been going to some trendy clubs if you're spending $25 on a cover, and even then you would be able to bypass the cover with proper planning.
there's a cvs on 32nd and 5th, which should be pretty close to you. also if you're paying $25 covers and 10 bucks a drink you're in a club, not a bar. there's a huge stop n shop pretty close to me here in queens, in the city you've got your associateds which is a chain supermarket, not huge, but decent size, there's one in union square at 15th and park i think. if you wanna know some good places to go out, come find me at deweys on 5th ave between 25th and 26th, even if i'm not there you'll find people who can steer you in the right direction. silly yuppie
Quote:Drinks are insanely expensive. I went to normal place. No band. No DJ. $10 for a mixed drink. Oh, and a $25 cover.

we'll need to find a better place for when you pay up your debt to me.
I will be the first to hang with Galt.

That is all.
This post was so cute
Like you and your inability to find the pizza place around the corner.
that too!
I bet Galt is smart enough not to pay $40 for a pie.
you seem like the kind of guy who would love sutton place. 53rd and 2nd

wall to wall yuppies & chicks. roof top bar too.