CDIH

Full Version: why do they
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
always list the last person in the opening credits of a show as And BLAH BLAH as BLAH BLAH instead of listing their name like everyone else? like "and jason alexander as george costanza" on seinfeld. WHY?
they did that on the seinfeld credits?
yea as jerry gives his opening comedy act they list them all. im surprised they list george last and not kramer. he always seemed to have bigger roles.
i know they did it with john stamos on full house
Jason Alexander was the only one on the show that had much of a career before Seinfeld, so he was like the marquee.
In movies, the last person listed is usually someone who is well known but doesn't have a big role in the movie. Like Robin Williams in Nine Months. I don't know why they do it in TV shows, i guess just to copy the way movies do it.
SNL always does that. they would have "Starring" , and then "Featuring", which would always be A. Whitney Brown or Kevin Nealon. I dont get it.
Zootybang Wrote:SNL always does that. they would have "Starring" , and then "Featuring", which would always be A. Whitney Brown or Kevin Nealon. I dont get it.
the "featuring" people arent actual cast members yet. they usually have like 2 lines the whole show. like rachel dratch was "featured" the season before she actually joined the cast.
and featuring Billy Dee williams as Lando Calrissian
yea the featuring people are the people who aren't on every week but i guess are in the studio for that one or something
the "and so-and-so as so-and-so" credit seems to be another way of giving proper billing to important talent. Much like getting top billing for a movie or a show, the business uses the terms "also starring" and "and so-and-so as..". It's possibly a contractual thing, or a way of a show giving proper credit to an under-appreciated actor who deserves it. In "Mallrats", Kevin Smith decided to give the credit to Michael Rooker, yet also singled out Priscilla Barnes with the "With" credit. In the show "ER", Eriq La Salle held the credit for his stint on the show, and it is currently held by Paul McCrane.

The most infamous "and so-and-so..." is Jerry Mathers, of course, as the Beaver. Hugh Beaumont received first billing for the show, but that might be attributed to the fact that they ran down the actors names in alphabetical order, as opposed to contractual stipulations that Beaumont might have demanded, however, the show felt it was important to emphasize the show's actual star, Jerry Mathers.
actually I believe the most famous "and so-and-so" goes to "and Dennis Haskins as Mr. Belding"
And Arpi as the star of CDIH.
pff
I used to get annoyed at Melrose Place for that. Heather Locklear was a special guest star for like 4 seasons or so.
in oceans eleven the credits say "and introducing julia roberts"
do they really? ive watched that like 10 times and never noticed that
drusilla Wrote:in oceans eleven the credits say "and introducing julia roberts"
That was done as more of a joke. They talk about it on the DVD
since arpi quit the show we need to introduce Doc as the new character to take his spot.

so do we use the and introducing or and staring?
but doc was already here and came back, so it wouldn't really be introducing him
Pages: 1 2