CDIH

Full Version: Hockey trade - Rangers & dallas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The New York Rangers, battling for their first playoff berth in five years, acquired left wing Martin Rucinsky and center Roman Lyashenko from the Dallas Stars on Tuesday for left wings Manny Malhotra and Barrett Heisten.

Still doesn't solve the defense problem, but that's the trade.
It doesnt solve anything. The only thing it solves is that Glen Sather is really beginning to piss me off.

Martin Rucinksy has 8 goals. Wooptie Doo!

They should have gotten Derian Hatcher.
I have been waiting all these years for Malhotra to blossum and show the talent that he has and then when he's in a position to show it they trade him?????????? Did someone make Neil Smith GM for the day??? Unfuckingbelievable
ahhhh, the Rangers yet again trade away the yout of tomorrow for a shitty today. Sather should be noosed for this. And Ronnie needs to be axed as well, bring in Nolan, damn it!
Faceman Wrote:Did someone make Neil Smith GM for the day???
Hey at least Neil Smith hung on to Malhotra and didnt give him up for Bure.

I liked Neil Smith. Sure he overpayed for some Free Agents which led to his departure. But is it really his fault that Valeri Kamensky was such a bust. If you watched Kamensky in Colorado he was a very good player and I was excited when they got him. The Lefebvre and Quintal signings didnt help him. I thought he got a raw deal, and Id rather see him as the GM than Sather.
You want to know something, I think I'd rather have bure than Rucinsky. Who knows, maybe valeri would be a Ranger now too
I'm of the thought that Dallas will ship Mahotra along with Brenden Morrow for PAvel Bure. Florida has asked for Langenbruner & Morrow, which Dallas feels is too much...so I have snekin suspicion that MAhotra was gotten to complete that deal. Rucinski is a childhood friend and player of Nedved..he was brought in to make that 2nd line finally work with Nedved & Dvorak. Only thing is, if Poti is to be gotten from Edmonton to bolster your defense, Dvorak may be the guy to go.
No sir...I don't like it. i guess we'll see Malholtra blossom like Kovalev did when he left the Rangers.
Rangers need to shit or get off the pot. Either go with youth, or take the vet plunge again, but get a coach that can motivate. This in-between shit is for the birds. Dealing Mahotra was a mistake. Lundmark, Heisten, Mottau, Mahotra...these guys need to have has a commitment made to, and then you ship off people like Nedved, McKenna, etc. Instead, you get a 31 year old non-physical player on a line with two other non-physical players. I would have shipped off Nedved, eat the fuckin contract, and put Mahotra on my second line.
Well Dvorak isn't going anywhere. Done for the season with a knee sprain.