CDIH

Full Version: feces - anus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
doodie
gonzo is going to be all over this
A-Rod
Nov. 11 - Newsday is reporting the Rangers, Red Sox and Angels have discussed a possible blockbuster three-team trade that would send Rodriguez to Boston, Red Sox shortstop Nomar Garciaparra to Anaheim and Angels shortstop David Eckstein and a few pitchers to Texas.
Texas would rid itself of A-Rod's contract, which with seven years and $189 million remaining has become an albatross. Boston would get arguably the game's best player and avoid having to worry about re-signing both Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez while still paying Manny Ramirez his albatross of a contract. And Anaheim would get a significant upgrade at shortstop.

However, A-Rod's contract includes a no-trade clause, so he'd have to approve any deal, and the Rangers likely would have to agree to cover a portion of his salary. Even the Red Sox couldn't afford to pay both Rodriguez and Ramirez, so something would have to give. And while previous reports listed Boston, Anaheim, Baltimore and the Yankees as teams A-Rod might agree to play for, those same reports indicated the Rangers don't want to eat any of his contract, and Scott Boras, Rodriguez's agent, won't restructure the deal to facilitate a trade.

Schilling
Nov. 11 - Reports of Schilling heading to the Yankees won't go away. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported recently that New York, Arizona and St. Louis have discussed a three-way deal that would send Schilling and Jim Edmonds to the Yankees, Jeff Weaver and Alfonso Soriano to the Diamondbacks and Nick Johnson and Danny Bautista to the Cardinals.
Schilling has waffled over whether or not he'd waive his no-trade clause for a deal to the Yankees, but reports indicated he'd do it for a two-year extension. He is eligible for free agency after the 2004 season.

Previously, reports indicated the Phillies might pursue a trade for Schilling. The Delaware County Times reported in early October that Phillies GM Ed Wade has hinted he would be OK with trading prospects for an accomplished veteran, and the paper floated the names Chase Utley and Brandon Duckworth as possible trade candidates.

Jim Edmonds
Nov. 11 - In addition to his reported inclusion in discussions of a three-way deal that would send him to the Yankees (see above), Edmonds also has been the subject of trade talks with the Dodgers. The Bergen (N.J.) Record cited a source who said the Cardinals are hoping to acquire pitching for Edmonds and thus are pondering L.A.'s reported offer of Odalis Perez for Edmonds.
Edmonds has a limited no-trade clause that allows him to submit a list of seven teams to which he'd accept a trade. It's unclear which teams are on his list for this offseason, but it isn't expected to differ much from last year's list, which had all five California teams.

Eddie Guardado
Nov. 11 - The Red Sox have been in contact with Guardado, and the reliever's agent told the Boston Globe there is "quite a bit" of interest. The agent, Kevin Kohler, told the paper, "Eddie is real good friends with David Ortiz. He told him what the clubhouse was like last year, and Eddie thinks he'd be a really good fit. I think Boston and the Cubs are his first two choices."
The Twins, of course, want to retain Guardado, who saved 41 games with a 2.89 ERA this season, but Minnesota also has to deal with free agents LaTroy Hawkins and Shannon Stewart, and they might not be able to afford to keep Gaurdado if high-payroll clubs like Boston and Chicago come calling.

Vlad Guerrero
Nov. 11 - The Baltimore Sun reports the Orioles have been in contact with Guerrero's agents but have not yet made a formal proposal. But the Washington Post notes Baltimore is in a unique position as it pertains to Guerrero. Orioles' VP Jim Beattie signed Guerrero to his first long-term contract in Montreal.
"He's one of the two or three [hitters] we have a lot of interest in," Beattie told the Post. "I know his agents pretty well, and obviously I know Vlady very well."

The Yankees are expected to make a run at the Expos' rightfielder, as well, although New York is thought to covet Gary Sheffield above Guerrero and there have long been questions about Guererro's ability to handle, or interest in dealing with, the New York spotlight.

Raul Mondesi
Nov. 11 - The Denver Post reports Rockies manager Clint Hurdle is looking for a bigger (and cheaper) outfield bat than the one wielded by Jay Payton, who made $1.85 million last year and is eligible for arbitration. The paper lists Mondesi and Jeromy Burnitz as potential replacements if the team feels it can't afford to retain Payton.

Pedro Astacio
Nov. 11 - The Rockies reportedly are following Astacio's recovery from labrum surgery and might be interested in signing him later this offseason. The Denver Post reports Astacio is working with a physical therapist in the Dominican Republic and tentatively plans to begin working out for teams in January. The right-hander won 53 games for Colorado from 1997-2001 and was 12-11 for the Mets in 2002. But he underwent season-ending surgery in June after a 3-2 start.

Red Sox Manager
Nov. 10 - The Red Sox will interview Angels bench coach Joe Maddon this week at the GM meetings in Phoenix, according to the Orange County Register. Earlier, Angels pitching coach Bud Black declined to interview for the position. Oakland A's bench coach Terry Francona and Dodgers third-base coach Glenn Hoffman, an infielder with the Red Sox from 1980-87 already have interviewed.

Andy Pettitte
Nov. 10 - The Astros and Red Sox are among the teams expected to try and pry Pettitte from the Yankees in free agency. Astros GM Gary Hunsicker has said, "I can't imagine there's any team in baseball that wouldn't want to have Andy Pettitte pitching in their rotation. We certainly intend to look into the issue and explore things."
The Red Sox, too, are expected to pursue Pettitte, but reports say re-signing the lefthander is New York's top offseason priority.

Ivan Rodriguez
Nov. 10 - Florida plans to make an offer this week to retain Rodriguez, reports the Palm Beach Post, but team officials haven't received a final budget projection from ownership yet and aren't certain of their chances of keeping their MVP.
Scott Boras, Rodriguez's agent, has mocked the idea of a "hometown discount," and reports have circulated that the 32-year-old catcher will seek a five-year, $50 million contract. He made $10 million on a one-year deal with the Marlins last season, with $7 million of that deferred and still unpaid. Florida is said to be pondering a two-year offer as a starting point.

Baltimore, which made a strong push to sign Rodriguez last offseason, is said to be interested again, but reports say the Orioles are more likely to target a second-tier catcher than possibly overpay for Pudge.
HedCold Wrote:gonzo is going to be all over this
You people have given me a horrible complex, I hope you are happy.
Quote:Previously, reports indicated the Phillies might pursue a trade for Schilling. The Delaware County Times reported in early October that Phillies GM Ed Wade has hinted he would be OK with trading prospects for an accomplished veteran, and the paper floated the names Chase Utley and Brandon Duckworth as possible trade candidates

The only problem with that "possible" trade is that Brandon Duckworth was traded to the Astros for Billy Wagner over 2 weeks ago
prolapsed anus.
just throwing some shit against the wall to see what sticks
wakka
GonzoStyle Wrote:
HedCold Wrote:gonzo is going to be all over this
You people have given me a horrible complex, I hope you are happy.
a complex that gives you shame for doodooing yourself?
I don't doo doo myself you fuckin poopie head
:23:
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!!!!
Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
a strawberry smells better than doodie
You are dead to me
i have strawberry and cream spray for my apartment
well then everything I've ever read about your aparment is null and void.
Velociti Wrote:
Quote:Previously, reports indicated the Phillies might pursue a trade for Schilling. The Delaware County Times reported in early October that Phillies GM Ed Wade has hinted he would be OK with trading prospects for an accomplished veteran, and the paper floated the names Chase Utley and Brandon Duckworth as possible trade candidates

The only problem with that "possible" trade is that Brandon Duckworth was traded to the Astros for Billy Wagner over 2 weeks ago
What he said
The Sleeper Wrote:i have strawberry and cream spray for my apartment
this spray is amazing.
I got the candles...I like them better
candles are nice, but they don't kick in right away.
Pages: 1 2