CDIH

Full Version: Wrestlemania x8 thread - Predictions for spit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock
Two icons in sports entertainment will battle it out on March 17 to determine who is the greatest superstar of all time. Hollywood Hulk Hogan will go one-on-one with the Great One at WrestleMania X8, and you can rest assured that it will go down as a monumental event in sports-entertainment history!

Undisputed Championship
Triple H vs. Chris Jericho
On the Feb. 18 episode of RAW, Triple H regained his status as the No. 1 contender for Chris Jericho's Undisputed Federation Championship. After coming back from a major leg injury, will The Game be able to become a five-time Federation Champion? Will Y2J be able to overcome his greatest threat to his Undisputed Championship?

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Scott Hall
For weeks now, these two men have been toying with each other mentally, as well as physically. Will Stone Cold be too much for the Bad Guy to handle? Or will Hollywood Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash assist Hall in his quest to permanently dismember the Rattlesnake?

Intercontinental Championship
William Regal vs. Rob Van Dam
After winning a three-way No. 1 contender's match on the Feb. 25 episode of RAW, RVD solidified his one-way ticket to WrestleMania X8 to challenge William Regal for the Intercontinental Championship. Will the Englishman's mat skills bring him another win, or will RVD's high-flying attack lead him to victory?

Ric Flair vs. Undertaker
This battle has grown incredibly personal in recent weeks, with Taker taking out his aggression on Ric's best friend, Arn Anderson, and on Ric's oldest son, David. Can Taker improve his WrestleMania record to a perfect 10-0? Or will the Nature Boy come up big at the biggest show of the year?

Tag Team Championship
Billy & Chuck vs. APA vs. Hardys vs. Dudleys
The Tag Team Championship has changed hands at the last two WrestleMania events -- and the Hardys and Dudleys have been a part of both of those matches. Will history repeat itself this Sunday at WrestleMania?

Women's Championship
Jazz vs. Lita vs. Trish Stratus
Jazz has been a dominant force in the Women's division, but can she withstand the attack of two of the Federation's most talented divas? And can Trish bring home the title in her hometown of Toronto?

Kane vs. Kurt Angle
It's Kane against Kurt Angle ... the Big Red Machine against the Big Red, White and Blue Machine ... a 7-foot monster against your Olympic hero -- and there can only be one winner!

Edge vs. Booker T
One is a five-time WCW Champion and the most decorated superstar in WCW history. The other is a seven-time Tag Team Champion, a four-time Intercontinental Champion and a Toronto native. Who will come out on top at WrestleMania?

This is the card as of this morning with I think two more matches to be added.
I still love WM3 & WM12 but on paper this one looks to be one of the best ever.

The names, the history, the generations, but also unfortunatly... The Egos.
So what did everyone think??? I think it was a lot better than most people expected. The biggest problem in my eyes was they FUCKED themselves on the main event. For the sake of drama and "the story" they turned HHH into a gimp, for lack of a better term. Doing this curtailed half of what he could do and turned what could have been a 5 star match, into a 3 star match. If you had your 2 lions(HHH and Y2J) going at each other at "full strength" you could have easily had a match that went 30-40 minutes of non-stop action that would have thrilled the crowd. What you had was what appeared to be a half-blown ending that didn't look good at all. Kind of anti-climatic in my eyes.

Say what you want about the workrate and wrestling ability of Hogan and Rock, their match worked because of one thing, the crowd POPPED during the match, with big capital letters. They were on every single move, whether good or bad. It was all the wwf and the competitors could have imagined. They put on an entertaining match, maybe the most twisting, turning match of the night. The one thing that would have totally made the angle and drive it on in a new direction...after Hogan and Rock drive off Nash and Hall, The Rock rock-bottoms Hogan and the 3 of them pummle Hogan. The Rock is born "heel", nop question about it. I haven't seen him get into a match as much as he was into that one last night with the crowd booing his every move. He was egging him on and playing the "heel" and the crowd was into booing him and it was electric. No matter how much you may hate Rock, and I do, you have to admit that at least.

The rest of the card was a decent ppv. I must admit I fell asleep during the Hall/Austin match. I woke up with the stunner and the pin. Angle/Kane wasn't bad, but Angle blew the ending and he was pissed about it, I read on wwf.com. Edge was destined to win being home. RVD/Regal had more blown spots than I cared to count...how about we send Benoit after RVD now and let them battle for the Intercontinental Belt. Those matches would be good, very good in fact. Tag-match...bleh. Taker/Flair was disappointing because of the ending not the match itself. It was fun watching UT just kick the shit out of Flair. Although I was hoping that Benoit would come out at the end and cause UT to lose, setting up his return and a possible Four-Horseman Group. All in all though, it was one of the better PPVs in a while and I gotta say I enjoyed it. Some other commentary now.

-Have you seen a Superplex that looked like it hurt more than Jazz's superplex on Lita. Maybe its because they are smaller, but that impact looked painful
-Is the chucky/Billy thing over? The rest of the teams carried that match, with them sneaking in at the end for the win, or is that going to be their "deal"?
-Did you want to drop a batch as much as I did watching Stacy dancing on that stage with Saliva????? Godamn!!!
-Could you call Steph FINALLY getting the pedigree, after a month of teasing it????
-Wasn't Christian cooler when he was being funny???
-MAVEN????????? Enough
-and finally, with Hogan and Rock going after Hall and Nash, whats next for Austin??? HHH??
i was hoping that steph would turn on jerricho to help give HHH the win, they would get back together and both join the NWO... NWO needs a new 'leader' now anyway, and who better than the ex-leader of DX?

and how bout that Hurricane? ... swinging in from out of nowhere ;p
Hummercash Wrote:i was hoping that steph would turn on jerricho to help give HHH the win, they would get back together and both join the NWO... NWO needs a new 'leader' now anyway, and who better than the ex-leader of DX?
Agreed. How about the showstopper...the Main Event...HBK??

Edited By Faceman on Mar. 18 2002 at 4:28
i was very pleased with most of what i saw last night. i too am not a fan of the rock's in ring ability, but his promos are always top notch and the same with hogan. however these 2 had one of the better matches of hte night (with the reaction they got from the fans)...i only have 2 complaints on the night...1)why the fuck did they give rvd and regal only 5 minutes??? what the hell was up with that? they could have put on a good match, but with only 5 minutes to tell the story, they should have just given us that on raw or smackdown for gods sake! and 2) i don't like the hardcore title, not at all. it sucks and doesn't serve any purpose. maven sucks, and should go away...but thats it, the rest of the show i was pleased with. very suprisingly so
At first i wasn't sure if i should shell out the 40 bucks for the pay per view. And right before it came on i said fuck it. And i enjoyed it for the most part. I thought the hardcore shit was entertaing. But the fucking Molly Holly shit was pretty bad. Taker- Flair was very good...More Blood the better for me. Maych of the Night well of course Rock Hogan. It was amazing to watch the crowds reaction to Hogan all through the match. Vince must have been throwing a fit backstage. I felt bad for Jericho and HHH since the Rock Hogan match stole all their thunder. They couldn't follow that and i dont think anyone could have. All and all it was a good pay per view. One complaint though...Vince lose the fucking live music next year. I'm paying to see wrestling not a rock concert. It became annoying after the first song.
<font size=6>ROCKY SUCKS! ROCKY SUCKS! </font size=6> :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

great to hear that cheer again!

I was not feeling good at all that night, some parts are a little fuzzy, I'll have ot watch the tape again...