CDIH

Full Version: Most underrated performances ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While watching The Big Lebowski today I forgot how great Jeff Bridges was in this movie and how he got like no acclaim, no honors for actually personifying what the Dude is. And while people like Brando and De Niro are their greaet performances, what are some of those perfect roles and performances that were just forgotten.
Off the top of my head I am sooooo fried.

But one actor who always comes to mind for being extremely under rated is Armand Assante, his performances in movies like Mambo Kings and even Judge Dredd which sucked but he was amazing. He's trully an underrated performer.

John Cusack who gave one of the most amazing peformances and scenes in movie history in Eight men out is also very under rated.
Another one:

Harvey Kietel as Winston Wolf (seriously you hear Travolta, Jackson, Willis, etc. all the time when was the last time you heard praise for Wolf)
IkeaBoy Wrote:when was the last time you heard praise for Wolf
when you said winston wolff rocks after watching the film last week.
GonzoStyle Wrote:when you said winston wolff rocks after watching the film last week.
I did? I have this memory thing.
IkeaBoy Wrote:I did? I have this memory thing.
lol nice call back.

I know you already told me... here tatoo this on your fuckin arm.

Quote:IkeaBoy

Mod on one site, banned from another- hoo hoo hoo

Group: Moderator
Posted: Mar. 09 2002,02:40

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i just finished rewatching Pulp Fiction, that's such an awesome movie. Winston Wolf rules
brad pitt-twelve monkeys

benicio del toro-usual suspects(yeah i know, but i still dont think this guy gets enough adulation for the choices he made)

tom cruise-rain man ( i dont like this guy but the character transformation he made in this movie gets completly overlooked)

donald sutherland- kellys heroes
Christian Bale in American Psycho. Yes, everyone here realizes that he was fucking amazing in that role, but he really didn't get much acclaim for it, and the fact that he wasn't nominated was a worse atrocity than the Holocaust (since mine actually happened)

Fredo in the Godfather movies.<font color=white>

Edited By Galt on Mar. 18 2002 at 01:42
Laurence Fishburn - Deep Cover
Anaconda...in Anaconda
Betty White in "Lake Placid"...who didnt laugh their ass off hearing her say..."If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it"
Faceman Wrote:Anaconda...in Anaconda
Betty White in "Lake Placid"...who didnt laugh their ass off hearing her say..."If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it"
now thats funny Face
John Lithgow in "The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai".