CDIH

Full Version: Headphones - what's a good pair to buy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a new MP3 player for Christmas but, as expected, the headphones that it came with suck balls. I had a nice pair of Sony Sports Headphones, but the wire on the right phone is all fucked up, so it cuts in and out - and they don't make this line anymore. I ended up getting a similar pair of Sony's, but the bass isn't as strong as it could be (per my liking).

What's a good pair of headphones to buy? I don't want the ear-bud types, they never stay in right and are more of a pain in the ass than anything - a lot of people talk about noise-canceling phones, but those are really for airline travel.

I just want a pair that provides a nice, booming bass and that wont crackle when I crank the volume.
is it just me, or are the ipod headphones loud, but rattle and buzz easily?
I didnt get the ipod, but I read that those headphones suck too.

I got the nomad zn xtra, and the buds it came with are huge, and not loud at all.
Goatweed Wrote:I got the nomad zn xtra, and the buds it came with are huge, and not loud at all.
same thing i have...those buds suck ass. i'm looking for a nice pair of big headphones, though
I have a pair of Sony's. They perform what I require of them.
I have a pair of sonys also - but I think I can do better, these are cheap ones.
I have the ER-6s from Etymotic Research (freebie because my company makes the speaker in them). They sound awesome, but they are expensive and can be uncomfortable because they are meant to be worn in your ear canal. The upside is they have great frequency response and they cancel noise very well although it is passive noise cancellation. Think about as sticking your fingers in your ears, only using an earbud instead and jamming it in really far.