CDIH

Full Version: New Years Resolutions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the year comes to a close everybody makes their New Years resolutions. I figure that since we all make them but hardly ever stick to them that writing them down (or typing for you assholes who take things technically) might help to make these resolutions come to fruition. This thread can be looked back upon to reflect what we wanted to do at the turn of the new year and to gauge our progress.

So to start..

I resolve to continue to lose weight and to come out of my proverbial shell. Both of these things have begun to happen, but I want them to progress more rapidly.
I resolve to be more focused on my work and get more ass.
I don't think I have ever made a new years resolution.
Thus, your life is unresolved.
probably
I resolve to not read any more of jack's threads.
If you wait until some specific date on the calender to acknowledge and/or decide to change what you don't like about yourself, you'll never change anyway. What's the point?
No, it gives a starting point. A point to plan for to help make the goal achievable. Rather than just deciding ok time to change, starting today. By making a resolution you can do it a week, a month, or even a year ahead of time so that proper planning can be done and the resolution to come to fruition.
resolutions are made so we can fail. don't beleive in resolutions....beleive is solutions. Go put forth actual steps, not concepts...and do them. ask yourself how you make that weight go faster. Not the desire. What steps will you take. Don't bite off too much. If you need to see a nutritionist...then let that be step 1..and make sure you do it. Etc, etc. Just a suggestion.
[Image: 6870_primerib_slices_main.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>
excellent protein to carb ratio. excellent point, DIGGY.
the fact that it is put off until some arbitrary date means that you don't really want to change it anyway.

"I shouldn't smoke....I'll stop smoking in two months". "OK, my diet starts tomorrow" "I'm going to start looking for another job eventually", blah blah blah. You want to change something. Do it now. Why wait?
Quote:[Image: 6870_primerib_slices_main.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

that looks a little too rare, but I bet it tastes amazing.

I resolve to not resolve a goddamn thing.
Every year I resolve not to make any resolutions next year. In a way I succeed every year, and in a way I fail.
Goatweed Wrote:
Quote:[Image: 6870_primerib_slices_main.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

Is those were Subway style sweet peppers that would be the tastiest thing on the plate.
Not so much a resolution, but I'll be taking time off work and going back to school in January. I'd like to finish eventually.
GonzoStyle Wrote:
Goatweed Wrote:

Is those were Subway style sweet peppers that would be the tastiest thing on the plate.
I don't dig sweet peppers - in fact they're bitter, not sweet at all.

Jalapeno peppers though...THAT'S good eatin'.