CDIH

Full Version: Upcoming movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remember a while back when I posted stallone was doing a film about the deaths of Tupac & Biggie? Well it's not a joke anymore, the film is in production.

Stallone will be playing Detective Russell Poole, who was an investigator on the case. Poole retired cause he felt the police werent interested in solving the murder of Tupac... or cause he wanted to make a ton of dough writing about it.

The Movie is called "Rampart Scandal".

Not Only is Stallone starring in it, he is directing it and writing it.

Plus Suge Knight is in the film and guess who he is playing..... in a reach he is playing Suge Knight.

On a lighter note, I don't usually care about cartoon flicks but this one caught my eye. I was lookin over the films DeNiro is making, he's got a ton on the way but this one caught my eye.

It's called "Shark Tale" and it's a film about the world of fish and the sharks are mobsters.

Quote:The sea underworld is shaken up when the son of the shark mob boss is found dead and a young fish named Oscar is found at the scene

Ofcourse Robert DeNiro plays the voice of the don.

But check out the rest of the cast of voices.

These make sense:
Robert De Niro .... Don Lino (voice)
Martin Scorsese .... Sykes (voice)
Peter Falk .... Don Brizzi (voice)
James Gandolfini .... (voice)
Michael Imperioli .... Frankie (voice)
James Madio .... Vinny (voice)
Ziggy Marley .... Ernie (voice)
Vincent Pastore .... Luca (voice)

Then it gets weird:

Renée Zellweger .... Angie (voice)
Will Smith .... Oscar (voice)
Angelina Jolie .... Lola (voice)
Jack Black .... Lenny (voice)
Doug E. Doug .... Bernie (voice)

... The cast of voices is sick, it's the only way you get the sopranos crew and the tandem of scorsese and deniro in a film but still...

Jack Black? eh, I can see it he's wacky.

Will smith...
People may have known this but I just found out. Scorsese really has been making poor casting choices, mainly dicaprio and cameron diaz in gangs of new york, which took away from the genius of daniel day-lewis.

Scorsese is directing a new film with dicaprio yet again. It's based on the life of Howard Hughes whose life I have always wanted to see on film. But the film only examines hughes life from the age of 30-42, it doesnt delve into his basically weirdness in his later years. But now I find out Gwen Stefani is playing Jean Harlow.. how does that even make sense? I wanna see the film but it just sounds worse and worse each passing day.

On a more promising note:

Edward Norton is making a new film, he is not only the star but he is directing the film. It's called "Motherless Brooklyn" it's based on the novel with the same title.

It's about a detective with Tourette's syndrome, whose mentor is murdered and he tries to find the killer.

Norton has had success in the past playing charcters with deficienties, like in the score and primal fear.

Sounds really good.
he didnt have a deficiency in the score.
Quote:Edward Norton is making a new film, he is not only the star but he is directing the film. It's called "Motherless Brooklyn" it's based on the novel with the same title.

It's about a detective with Tourette's syndrome, whose mentor is murdered and he tries to find the killer.
is it a comedy?
Jersey Girl is coming out in March. I've been looking forward to this film for a while, even before I had a full understanding of the premise. Kevin Smith is doing his first movie that's outside of his "Jersey Saga", but only in the sense that you won't be seeing any of the characters from those movies popping up. His main characters still take up residence in NJ, and the story reflects upon Smith's own experience as a new father.
I don't know if it's gonna hurt it or not, but, as of right now, Jersey Girl has only been mentioned in the press because it has Ben Affleck as the lead and Jennifer Lopez is his wife, and they have a child together. While this is true, Jennifer Lopez dies shortly after the childbirth I believe. The story is mostly about this big corporate executive type of guy who gets fired and has to raise hisbaby girl up middle class in Jersey.
The trailer has some funny parts, like when he catches his daughter playing doctor with a local boy. George Carlin is Ben's father. Liv Tyler is his love interest.

It looks aight. I like Ben. He's a fun guy in Smith's movies. He's funny on the commentaries. I liked how in Chasing Amy, they were saving money on wardrobe, so he brought in and wore his "JV outfits" and slept on Kevin's couch while Kevin and Joey Lauren Adams had sex. I just don't like it when these Access Hollywood shows spend half of every episode talking about Ben and J LO.
Im actually looking forward to all the history type fliks coming out. TROY with Brad Pitt looks like its gonna kick ass. I heard theyre also making an Alexander the Great movie with Collin Farrell. ALAMO with Dennis Quaid looks ok .....I'll still go see it. Im a big fan of all out huge battles and wars on film.
ALAMO sound like something you type in an AIM window.
Arpikarhu Wrote:he didnt have a deficiency in the score.
The character was not retarded but for his cover while working in the customs shop he pretended to be retarded and he pulled it off convincingly, jerkface.