CDIH

Full Version: VMware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i installed VMWare so that i can play around with win2k and other linux operating systems without having to make other partitions and dual boot and all that crap, but i can't get the virtual operating system to recognize the internet connection. i read somewhere i might have to set up my own proxy connection to have it run through that, but i have no idea how to do that. anyone ever use VMware before?
Shouldn't you be making sweet love to joobies instead of playing with your computer?
you're all useless!
partition and dual boot...it's not that hard
this is easier

at least it should
Well, if it's so easy how come you haven't figured it out yet?
Mad with a swing and a drive to left center...it bounces over the wall...ground rule double...
HedCold Wrote:this is easier

at least it should*
*at least it should be
Why are you using this software? Maybe there's an easier way to do what you are attempting.

Even if you have a legitimate reason for using VMware... RTFM!!! I'm sure there's a ton of documentation available for it. Quit being lazy.

Edited By Kid Afrika on 1077503247
i looked online and most of the stuff is confusing. if i tried hard enough i could probably figure it out, but i wanted to see if there was an easier explanation

i'm using it because i just want to play around with different operating systems, this way when i do go to format partitions and install a linux i'll have some idea how to set it up the way i want. instead of always partitioning and installing and then reformatting i can just delte the virtual machine file and its gone and start fresh. its nice to have win xp running in the background to look stuff up and what not while playing around with the other OS in a little window
i'll make you a robert redford style indecent proposal if i can get internet connections working with your VMware sessions. We use VMware for all our installs here at work.
i got it working
i bet if you had properly cleaned your scuzzi it would have worked right away.
it has truly been far too long since we've had a good scuzzi joke in here - bravo sir!!
i was letting the scuzzi thing rest. it seemed like the right time to unleash it once again.
this thread sucks!!!
Keyser Soze Wrote:this thread sucks!!!
well now it does!
agreed
:33: