CDIH

Full Version: Reyes for Soriano
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'd make this deal in a second. I heard Mike and the Dog talking about it all afternoon but haven't seen anything on the web. If it happens to be true that they're considering this, I think the Mets should jump on it.
would be a good deal for the mets but aint gonna happen. rangers are talking about soriano moving to shortstop
yeah, unfortunately i think its wishful thinking and a slow day on sports radio.
Bad move.
care to elaborate or are you all tuckered out?
I refuse to describe the meaning of the phrase "bad move" to you, shaft breath.
i wouldn't do it. the mets should be building their team around speed and defense, thats what you need to win at shea. soriano will put up big numbers in texas but he wouldn't if he played half his games in queens. plus soriano is like 7-8 years older
also the only thing i've seen about the mets being interested in soriano was that they just asked the rangers about them but the rangers said no. no names were discussed

edit - i just saw this
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nj.com/mets....750.xml">http://www.nj.com/mets....750.xml</a><!-- m -->
you want speed? soriano steals 40 bases in his sleep. i think its worth the defensive downgrade for the numbers soriano brings to the table, i dont care what park he plays in. anyone in the league will tell you soriano is a bonafide superstar.
i would take soriano in a second.
IrishAlkey Wrote:I refuse to describe the meaning of the phrase "bad move" to you, shaft breath.
that is because you dont know any meaningful stats about either of them, thalidomide baby.
stat boy on PTI / ATH thinks soriano is the better player. i think thats proof enough.
if it was for one season i'd take soriano, but over the next 10 years reyes is going to be a better fit. he's twenty years old, let him mature
Yanks will get Soriano back in 2006 when he's a free agent.
It was also discussed in NewsdaySoriano for Reyes?- Newsday

I think Hedcold has it down. Reyes is only 20, and looking good.
For every fan that says its a slam dunk to take Soriano I have one question: would you trade Soriano straight up for Jeter? Many Scouts think thats what Reyes will be - a D. Jeter/ E. Renteria. - Excellent defense, great speed, and smarts. Now maybe he wont be that, but if you are the mets and at least 2 yrs away, you're probably better off in Shea with that type of player (and then signing Maglio Ordonez in offseason)
hopefully reyes will be better then jeter defensively
Which one can steal a TV faster?
Remember how the Reds chose to trade half of their team rather than trade away Pokey Reese for Griffey?

Who cares if he's 20.
defense is a highly overrated stat. a good offensive player is worth 10 times more than a good defensive player. if you look at the errors or defensive chances effecting game outcome equations its negligible. why do you think billy beane puts so many players with good obp stats at positions they have never played? he knows that good hitters completely negate bad defense.
reyes obp is the same as soriano's. obviously soriano's slugging is going to be higher when you hit over 35 homers. you're the same person who said soriano is never going to improve his plate discipline
Pages: 1 2 3