CDIH

Full Version: Business Opportunity - (tell me this is a bad idea)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So my buddy thinks I should go into business building custom computers for people. Small business, can do it out of my garage, low startup capital, something I'm good at, etc.

Downside is I don't see how that would ever be a full time business, and I'd hate to have to balance that with a "real job" which I don't currently have.

What do y'all think? Is there a market for such a thing? Would you ever go to some guy working out of his garage (or a strip mall, etc)?
Fix them, upgrading and keeping them working would probably a better idea.

People can go to DELL or Gateway and for $500 or less get a computer with a warranty. Why go to Joe Shmoe?
If you can go back in time to the mid 80s, this would be a major money-making idea!
If I could go back in time, I'd invent a time machine before anyone else.
If I could go back to the 80's, I'd invest all my allowance in Microsoft and not worry about finding a job or business opportunity.
I'd get a Sports Almanac and gamble for a living in Las Vegas.
i'll be your first customer. check out the thread where i posted my config.

price out my spec and then quote me a price and ill let you know if i'm interested.
I live on the West Coast, so shipping would be prohibitive. Call Dell, silly.
If I could go back in time, I'd smoke a joint with myself.

That'd be craaaaazy.
already turning away customers, tsk tsk.
Yeah building computers for people isn't very lucrative these days. Even using the cheapest components you find, you wouldn't be able to compete with a similar system from Dell or Gateway. The only people that might buy a machine from you are the ones that know what they're looking at, and they'd probably just build their own.

Fixing computers for idiots is another story, there is a demand for it but the size of the demand depends on the users in your area. Also, by becoming the answerman, you open yourself up to people calling you at all hours asking for support.

Choose another business, you're about 8 years too late for this one.
BURN!
Danked Wrote:If I could go back in time, I'd smoke a joint with myself.

That'd be craaaaazy.
this is an amazing idea!
If I could go back in time, I'd put five on the cypher with the Danked's.
If I could go back in time, I'd sneak up on the other two Dankeds, knock the joint out of their hands, and scream "Noooooooooooooo!"

Just to freak them out.
You should totally be wearing a suit, slick hair, and have like a narcotics officer badge.

It'd be like when Dim and Georgie Boy find Alex after he's been release from prison.
Somebody's reaching...
They are not!
Dewd, Danked danced on the limit and you bumped him off the dance floor.
Pfft, you acting like putting on a suit and pretending to be a narc is like Danked Kryptonite.
Pages: 1 2