CDIH

Full Version: My computer is burping at me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am dead serious. It happened twice. I was not any site in particular when it happened. I was here the first time it happened and I was on some generic site the other. I don't think it was pop up advertisement but it may have been.

When it happened the second time I was thinking it was some sort of clever hack program that was eating my harddrive. So I restarted and my computer was fucked when it finished booting. I tried to open explorrer it just kept running and running without connecting to the internet. Then I tried to open Outlook express and same thing....nothing. So I powered off and on and so far no more belching. Fucking weird stuff. Ever hear anything like that before?
You're supposed to wait 30 minutes after eating before going on the internet.
I can't say that I have. I wouldn't worry.
How many packs of second hand smoke has your computer had to endure?
DIG, if you smoke near your PC I'm gonna be very disappointed.
For the longest time I couldn't figure out why my computer would make clucking noises like a chicken. For weeks I was trying to figure it out and checked for all sorts of spyware. Then I finally realized that someone in my AIM buddy list had set that that sound for her log in/log off.
I never heard different sounds until I upgraded to the new AIM. I find that to be very annoying.
Danked Wrote:For the longest time I couldn't figure out why my computer would make clucking noises like a chicken. For weeks I was trying to figure it out and checked for all sorts of spyware. Then I finally realized that someone in my AIM buddy list had set that that sound for her log in/log off.
Yes! That may be it. The subsequent melt down of my computer had me suspicious though but now I'll look out for that if it happens again.