CDIH

Full Version: Mel Gibson trying for another one - yee-ha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it'd be interesting to see how jews would view gibsons take on it after it was made

Report: Gibson to film Hanukkah tale
LOS ANGELES, March 19 (UPI) -- Mel Gibson is reportedly planning to follow up his biblical blockbuster "The Passion of the Christ" with a film about the origins of Hanukkah.
The Hollywood filmmaker and actor, who was criticized by some Jewish leaders for how he depicted the trial and crucifixion of Jesus in "The Passion," has hinted he may make a film about the Revolt Of The Maccabees, the story behind Hanukkah, the World Entertainment News Network has said.
Said Gibson: "The story that's always fired my imagination is the Book of Maccabees. The Maccabees family stood up, and they made war. They stuck by their guns and they came out winning. It's like a western."
The Maccabees led a three-year war against Antiochus, a king who forced the Jews to worship false gods, leading to the liberation of Jerusalem, the WENN noted Friday.
Gibson's interest in Jewish history concerns the Jewish Anti-defamation League, however.
National director Abe Foxman said: "My answer would be, 'Thanks but no thanks.' The last thing we need in Jewish history is to convert our history into a western."
HA!

I read this a week ago, Captain Internet!
i was gone for a week not being a geek. sorry Undecided
you were on the line during your week of having a life off the Internet, so I call bullshit.

You are a shirker.
Yes because the story of Hanukah is so interesting. Who's going to be the main character??? A yankee candle?
Galt Wrote:you were on the line during your week of having a life off the Internet, so I call bullshit.

You are a shirker.
you got me :2:
Now, you're going to graduate in a few months and go your separate ways and never see each other again, right?
we're in our 3rd yr
Oh, that's right. Cool. Good on you, then.
Please remove Internet Hipster from his signature, thanks.