CDIH

Full Version: Finally, Liberal Radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Despite our intentions to spotlight and encourage the positive in politics, we can fall into the trap of being negative and defensive. Too often, we forget that great things are happening even when it seems that the planet is falling apart. That?s why we?re launching our annual Award for Excellence in Broadcasting and News Media.

There are some wonderful publications and news organizations that share our hope for a more sustainable and compassionate world.

But in the end, only one news outlet was left standing?the only news show truly committed to ?fair and balanced? reporting. Our winner is the Fox News Network?s O?Reilly Factor, hosted by Bill O?Reilly, for his in-depth coverage on the lack of consensus as to whether global warming is real. For more information on Mr. O?Reilly?s excellent reporting, go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fair.org/ohreally.html">http://www.fair.org/ohreally.html</a><!-- w -->.

Because Bill O?Reilly presents the news so evenly, we don?t need another radio network like Air America, the new progressive source for talk and news. We?re urging all TrueMajority members to boycott the new network because Fox News provides the only voice our nation needs.

April Fool!

If instead you?d like to hear a fresh voice, check out Air America, especially Al Franken?s new program The O?Franken Factor, which will air weekdays at noon beginning March 31. Other hosts include Marc Maron, Chuck D, Laura Flanders, Randi Rhodes, Janeane Garofalo, and others.

The show debuts in Chicago (WNTD-AM 950), Los Angeles (WBLA-AM 1580), and New York (WLIB-AM 1190), with San Francisco and other major markets coming soon. Anyone can listen to the streaming Webcast at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.AirAmericaRadio.com">http://www.AirAmericaRadio.com</a><!-- w -->.

And oh yeah, I?ll be there for opening day on Janeane Garofalo?s show at 10 p.m.

Let?s join together in supporting Air America?s effort to counter the right-wing propaganda that currently dominates America?s talk radio waves.

Yours in wishing success to Air America,

Ben Cohen

President, TrueMajority.org
Who's going to listen?
I'm checking it out right now. Al Franken is on.
this will not be a success because liberalism is not based on logic and fact. How interesting can a radio show be when there is no rational thought?
Liberals are also lazy and have short attention spans so the audience will drift away quickly without any explosions or flashes of light.
Finally, liberals are unfunny and therefore the show will be boring as hell.

The only thing they have going for them is that liberals are ugly (which is why they hate everyone who is happy and successful and want to drag everyone down to their level) and therefore people won't be physically disgusted by listening to them. This could be a thread on its own. Find pictures of famous liberal women and famous conservative women and it's like cheerleaders vs. Omega Mu

Edited By Galt on 1080753489
Commie lover.

I'll listen to a five minute rant from him and that's about as much as I can take.

Bets on when they pull the plug on this "Liberal Radio"?
Franken is doing OK so far,
not polished, but bringing out some good stuff.
I reserve my comments until I hear enough to judge. I was getting sick of listening to WABC, at least now I have another talk radio station to listen to at work when I'm bored of listening to mp3s.
their link sucks. It died after five minutes for me.

This will slowly be off the air in six months or so. It will be blamed on the fact that the republican establishment who own business won't give them funding. And how can they succeed without funding? When in reality the station won't be compelling, people won't want to listen and so there's no reason to advertise.

But they'll whine about not getting a chance. Like right out of Atlas Shrugged.
So why is it the nation is divided in half population wise,
yet liberal radio does not exist?
for the reasons I've already listed; it's boring.

Mario Cuomo tried it; it failed. There have always been liberals on the air, but for some reason the shows haven't worked. Why? They aren't interesting.

They'll try their own network and that'll fail, then blame it on someone else.
the link does suck, i hope they improve their online stream.
it's on 1190 am,

Cuomo is boring....

what I find troubling is that all liberal or moderate voices are removed form air, in favor of Rabid RNC talking heads....
I found Lionel to be very informed and entertaining, yet he gets pulled for Right wing dopes.....

go figure.
I'll wait for the 24 hour George Carlin station instead.
I don't understand why they had to pick up people like Jeanenne Garafolo for shows. There are plenty of good left leaning radio people out there, people that ABC has gradually gotten rid of over the years. Lynn Samuels, Paul Alexander, Richard Bey, there's a bunch of great people who were sucessful in markets like NYC. I certainly would like shows that offers different points of view, but they get boring when they just insult and make fun of the other side. It is one thing to prove and point out how they are wrong, but to start doing commercials in the voice of your competitors and make fun of their personal lives; that's not debate, that's O and A shit.
Samuels blows,
her voice is nails on a chalk board,
and she's not too bright.
She's entertaining.

The thing is, it's being made political because there are people on the radio who do conservative talk shows, and they've been able to develop strong audiences, but what people don't understand is that these radio personalities have actually worked hard to get those audiences. Yes, there are those that try and plug into that ready made audience, but, people like Rush have been doing radio for over a decade, twenty years. Rush, Stern, Hannity, Opie and Anthony, Silwa, they all studied and worked to be radio personalities. They have all molded their shows over the years, and spent a long time not being sucessful before they were sucessful. It just so happened, people were looking for a voice like Rush, just like people look for a voice like Stern, and so they got that audience, and they got syndicated over many years.

The left, they want to have that exact same thing, but they don't want to do the work, so they want a radio network handed to them, to be syndicated immediatly, and to have Neilsen books saying they are number 1.

If the network is a flop, they need to be able to accept that, and not start blaming others for the fact that they suck. If the network is sucessful, good for them, but what are the rewards? They don't care about the business of radio, they just want to put out a message. It doesn't matter that there are dj's out there struggling to work on radio, that there are people working hard in the medium of radio. To the left, all that matters is that they have the pwoer to put people on the air who can squawk back and say, NO, NO, NO, WRONG.
mega dittos jays.
Quote:I certainly would like shows that offers different points of view, but they get boring when they just insult and make fun of the other side.

I agree and I also wish there was a show that wasn't liberal or conservative but took on issues without always spouting back the same stupid rhetoric. Its so predictable, anyone who doesnt agree with us is a liberal. Both sides blindly supporting everything a republican says cause we're conservatives or liberals blindly accepting anything a democrat endorses. Where are the independents?
He's on ABC's 20/20, and his name is John Stossel.

Quote:Its so predictable, anyone who doesnt agree with us is a liberal.

The other side does the same thing. See Ken's post above.

Quote:mega dittos jays.

I don't agree with some of you, thus, "ROFL GO LISTEN TO LIMBAUGH ! IVE BEEN HANNITZIED!! LOL" Show a little consistancy.
Quote:The other side does the same thing. See Ken's post above.

i know, both of them suck. show me a political radio program that has a mind of its own outside of a political party.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7