CDIH

Full Version: Bush's Tax Cuts - Wheres my money?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I make about 90k with salary and bonuses combined. I made about 15k in the stock market last year. I only got $1,400 back in taxes. about $1000 from the fed and $400 from the state.

Did my accountant do a bad job with my return or is Bush really not that great a tax reformer?
You over paid a few bucks and now your bitching? Sucker.
I can always re-file. im just looking for some advice here.
From what I understood, the cuts only affect a certain economic portion of Americans.
You didn't pay any taxes on that $15k you earned on the market. That offset any benefit you would have gotten from a tax cut because if it was short term you had to pay 50% in taxes.

That's a gain you probably didn't make in 2002 when the market was shitting the bed.
Get a better financial adviser, buy a house, get married have a "tax deduction", look into shady off shore tax shelters or ask Arpi how he does it.
I'm getting $6k back combined, nukkas!

Property helps (though I don't own any), and not selling stocks for short term gains helps also.

Plus, like on your return and get big-time business deductions (of course it's easier for salespeople becuase you can just say that every meal and every event was with a client)
single childless males get fucked when it comes to tax time.
how did you get 6k back???

i didnt have anything to write off other than my student loan payments. i lost about 1.5k in the market last year.
moving expenses, graduate school cost deductions, student loans, took the maximum 3k capital loss deduction, and I only worked 3 months, so they were witholding too much.
you can write off moving expenses? can i write off my commuter car and the gas? new PC if I VPN to work 2 days a week?
I wanna write off my Cruzer Mini 128mb flash card because I use it to transfer files between computers for work.
you can write off moving expenses, but you can only write off other stuff like your computer, and mileage and shit like that if you itemize. For most people, unless you own property, you're not going to have the $6,000 is deductions that make it worthwhile.