CDIH

Full Version: New Marilyn Manson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From cdnow.com

Marilyn Manson Gets His 'Genius' On With The Golden Age Of Grotesque
March 22, 2002, 9:00 am PT

Marilyn Manson
Marilyn Manson never fails to raise eyebrows with his every move, and the newly announced title of his next album, and description of it, proves that once again.

Titled The Golden Age of Groteque, Manson's fifth studio album, and follow up to 2000's Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death), is currently in production and due for a fall release on Interscope.

Of the album, Manson says it's his "most genius deluge of hardcore guitar-driven violence and reckless electronic-punk vaudeville mixed with '30s cabaret decadence and Arch-dandy dads. I am equally the artist as much as I am the work of art."

Working on the album with Manson are producers Tim Skold (former member of KMFDM and his own Skold, and whose production credits include Lords of Acid and Kidneythieves) and Ben Grosse (Filter, B-52's, and others).
I saw an interview with Manson on Brit TV including a sneak preview for his new video. It's a cover of a very popular 80's pop tune that I can't remember the name of right now. The vid has this great scene of a "good girl next door" looking all innoccent and walking up to a mirror, then it edits and it's the same girl only her hair is jet black, she's wearing a black vynal bra, and putting on a spiked collar. The rest of the video she acts all slutty with Manson including in a hot tub.

Manson calls the video a satire on the gangster rap videos.

At the end of the video he said he knew about the plans to do a re-make of Willie Wanka and the Chocolate Factory and said he wanted to meet the director and convince him to let Manson play Willie Wanka.
That's Tainted Love by Soft Cell. And that came out months ago. Lol. You caught the repeat of that show. It was in the movie "It's Not Another Teen Movie".
See that. Actual proof that I have a life. :roflmao:
Too bad. I was all ready to respod, "I haven't heard the song, but I'm sure it sucks complete ass like everything else this talentless, fake, industry-created, pop-metal poseur has ever done"

But alas, I've actually heard this song ages ago, and well it sucks complete ass like everything else this talentless, fake, industry-created, pop-metal poseur has ever done.

** edit then I realized that Dent was talking about a different song, which I have heard. So back to my original thought that while I haven't heard this song, I'm sure it ....well you get the idea.

Edited By Galt on Mar. 22 2002 at 6:51
Arthur Dent Wrote:The vid has this great scene of a "good girl next door" looking all innoccent and walking up to a mirror, then it edits and it's the same girl only her hair is jet black, she's wearing a black vynal bra, and putting on a spiked collar.
the chick is Chyler Leigh. She played the nerdy girl in NATM (the character she's playing in the video) and the punk girl in That 80s Show

In addition the best commentary I've ever seen on Marilyn Manson was on Mr. Show with Bob and Dave where they have Dave as a Marilyn Manson-esque character promoting his new pizza place franchise

Edited By IkeaBoy on Mar. 23 2002 at 4:51
Well Galt. You're an idiot. It's fine for you to not like someone, but at least know what you're talking about.

The industry did NOT create Marilyn Manson. He did it all himself. The industry just promoted his career. Bottom line is that wether you like him or his music or not, he IS a talented performer that knows exactly what people want. And he's been very successful at it.
Marilyn Manson is Ziggy Stardust-lite. Great visuals without the personality to quite close the deal.
Manson does what he does for the sole purpose of being different. His personality, his appearance, and his entire career are fake. He has manufactured everything simply for the marketing.

His fame is not becuase of his music at all. It's because he and his management have been calculated his his showmanship.

While taste in music differs and can't really be debated, so whether or not I like is music is moot (or is it mute?) However, the fact that he pretends to be anti-establishment, but is the exact opposite in his calculated actions market-wise is so transparent. I loathe him for that fact.
Manson is the modern day Alice Cooper, pnly wiothout Alice Copper#s Sense of humor about himself.

I like a few of Manon's songs.

And I really want to fuck the chick in the video whatever her name is.
Galt Wrote:However, the fact that he pretends to be anti-establishment, but is the exact opposite in his calculated actions market-wise is so transparent. I loathe him for that fact.
Maybe he is just doing that to piss off people like you who look into these things too much. Ever think of that?
Arthur Dent Wrote:Manson is the modern day Alice Cooper, pnly wiothout Alice Copper#s Sense of humor about himself.

I like a few of Manon's songs.

And I really want to fuck the chick in the video whatever her name is.
< Ikea > It's Chyler Leigh. She was in Not Another Teen Movie, and is also in That 80s Show. She was on the cover of Stuff with Mia Kirschner (who is exactly 1 trillion times hotter than Cyler). Chyler's real last name isn't Leigh, her favorite color is purple, and her 3rd grade teacher was Mr. Cabral < /Ikea >
Wanted to bring this one back up.

Quote:Marilyn Manson Reveals New Lineup
Marilyn Manson moves forward with a dramatic change in style, attitude and personnel by announcing the departure of longtime friend and bassist Twiggy Ramirez.

“I have spent eight months transforming this band and our new songs into an unstoppable juggernaut, and sadly Twiggy wasn’t able to make himself a part of it,” says Manson. “Unfortunately, I feel that Marilyn Manson, as a lifestyle, is not where his heart is. So I have decided to let him go his own way, otherwise it wouldn’t be fair to us, the music, or especially to the fans. Although you can never replace a best friend like Twiggy, this album and new lineup will redefine anyone’s idea of what Marilyn Manson is capable of.”

Marilyn Manson, John 5, M.W. Gacy and Ginger Fish are joined by bassist Tim Skold.
The Golden Age of Grotesque, which is under the production team of Manson, Skold and Ben Grosse is near completion and expected this Fall on Interscope Records.

What I want to know is, how is KMFDM going to be affected without Tim Skold there? They are on tour right now, and I want to go see them, but the NYC show is the same night as the Melvins. I guess I lose.