CDIH

Full Version: What will happen first? - The Yanks have lost 6 of 7 vs Boston
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How long before Steinbrenner flips out and makes all sorts of trades/moves/changes?
didn't torre just get a contract extension and steinbrenner was crying? he might go nuts, but i don't think torre is going anywhere. but you never really know
i figure they will get another hitter, buying new players to win is what they do, right?
it's april but knowing george they'll probably go after hitting when they really need pitching, the hitting will come around.
I giggle...I think it'll take more than that for them to make changes...if they start losing to shitty teams, then maybe the Baron will lose it..
It's April.
exactly, you can't judge anything in april.

Any team or player can go on a streak whether it be hot or cold. They may lose 8 out of 10 but then go on to win 12 in a row.

For fuck sake, Ronnie Belliard is leading the AL with a .415 batting avg and Jorge Posada had 7 home runs, lets not get carried away. Posada isn't gonna hit 70 home runs and Belliard is not gonna win the batting title or hit .400 for the season.
Galt forgot to add "Steinbrenner fires Mattingly and hires a new batting coach"

...which I hope doesn't happen :-o
I think Donnie Baseball will be the first casualty...
GonzoStyle Wrote:For fuck sake, Ronnie Belliard is leading the AL with a .415 batting avg and Jorge Posada had 7 home runs, lets not get carried away. Posada isn't gonna hit 70 home runs and Belliard is not gonna win the batting title or hit .400 for the season.
and i have both of them :banana:
Ron Belliard should not be on any fantasy baseball team on earth, I don't care how deep it is.

The point is that Steinbrenner is known for being very reactionary, and will most certainly make some move if the Yanks don't turn it around and quick.

That said, I think Mattingly could be the first to go. I didn't think of that.
[Image: sports04252004092.jpg]
QB QUESTION:
The Yankees' pitching woes have become so pronounced that this fan is hoping newest football Giant, Eli Manning, can step in and help. Red Sox, meanwhile, have vastly improved pitching, with former Mets prospects Lenny DiNardo and Phil Seibel contributing to the Boston pen.
N.Y. Post: Charles Wenzelberg
the fact that the bats have been quiet hasn't helped much either, but yeah we could really use another solid starter.
Oh man that would be so fuckin sweet if Mattingly got fired, poetic justice would be if they found that kid who he stole the popcorn from and made cry and let him fire him and watch mattingly cry.
:angry:
I meant to say a solid starter to replace Contreras.
maybe there's something to it being because of mattingly. as soon as he left they started winning, now that he's back they're struggling again
:angry: :angry:
He made that poor kid cry, fuckin popcron stealer!!
all lies!!! that kid didn't cry!

and if he had, then he'd be a fucking pussy and would deserve to have it stolen! fuck him!!!
Pages: 1 2