CDIH

Full Version: Rio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone been? I'm booking a trip there next month, flights are cheap right now, only $635 roundtrip with tax on delta. Can someone who has been reccommend places to stay, things to see?
Isn't that the Murder Capital of the World?
No, thats D.C.
Check out the latest issue of Maxim. There is a great article on it. If you do go, I'd stay the hell away from any of the poor areas.
The US is #23 in the world for Murders, Brazil didnt even make the top 100.
Ask Hugh Jackman, he sings about it every night....
Quote:If you do go, I'd stay the hell away from any of the poor areas.

Thanks, I was really looking forward to going to slums. Common sense people!!!
i went to rio 6 years ago with a tour. it is lovely. do the helicopter ride around corcavada(sp?), and do the tram ride on sugar loaf. do not go outside at night alone, always with a group. do not go down to the beach at night under any condition.
the food is good but the beef is always salty. if you cant get a hotel by the beach, dont bother going. copacabana is great. good clubs nearby and plenty of restaurants. make sure to have plenty of caparinas (sp?) and drink them with a side of draft beer.
if you dont plan on spending alot of time on the beach, dont bother going.
if you really want to go to brazil you should go to the northern regions as they are safer and the wildlife and scenery are incredible.

most important of all: say "foda si cada" to everyone you meet.
thanks arpi!!!
no problem. i had a great time but alot of it was because we were a large group and felt safe. during the day its not bad, but at night there was no where we would go alone.
its just me and my girlfriend, maybe we should try puerto vallerto (sp?) instead?
Try frommersfor information on Rio. They have information for every kind of bugdet and they get you the low down on the different parts of the city. I always used the site for when I traveled to Europe and their descriptions were always accurate. Do not stay anywhere near a train station even if it is 4 stars.
yeah frommers is quite good, i've been doing some research on there. cabo is a possibility as well.
the best place in the world is cozumel. beautiful, good food, not alot of tourists, and best diving in the western hemisphere
thats where i stayed the first time we went! its awesome!
Quote:its just me and my girlfriend, maybe we should try puerto vallerto (sp?) instead?

Want to buy a week of the timeshare I have in a resort there? I have 2 weeks but I'm only going to use one this year to go to Acapulco

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mayanpalace.com/puerto/">http://www.mayanpalace.com/puerto/</a><!-- m -->
Quote:most important of all: say "foda si cada" to everyone you meet.
so, what does that mean?
we're looking at maybe doing cabo. not sure if we should stay at the westin or the sheraton. both are real nice. has anyone been down to cabo?