CDIH

Full Version: Bullshit!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is really a good program. They cite a bunch of anonymous statistics to support their points, so you don't really know where they are getting their information, but from merely a philosophical standpoint, I have yet to disagree with one of their shows.
well they try to debunk everything, and thats always good TV. problem is when you always try to debunk something, you may try to grab on to less than stellar info. When trying to debunk something else for also using less than stellar info...and basically you fall into the same trap...and Bullshit! does time to time.
They try and debunk stuff that is completely illogical like environmentalism and the drug war, creationism, and dumb shit like that.
When do you get your own show to be alongside O'Reilly & Sean Hannity????
I don't think that either Hannity or O'Relly would be in favor of legalizing drugs, porkchop.
when is this show on? and what channel?
Galt Wrote:I don't think that either Hannity or O'Relly would be in favor of legalizing drugs, porkchop.
Al Franken and Garafalo...

and...

Galt.
The show is on Showtime.

I can think of no famous person who I agree with.

The far right is totally on in regards to freedom of business and personal fiscal freedom, but want to prevent people from the free choices regarding drugs, gay marriage, abortion, and a whole host of contradictions.

The left wants everyone to be free to do whatever they want (except for business and rich white guys) but if with that freedom, people fuck up their lives, then everyone else should be forced to support them.

I say, do what you want; you deserve 100% of the accolades for success and 100% of the responsibilty for your fuck ups.
myth busters is a good show
i never saw bullshit!, i don't get showtime
Quote:The far right is totally on in regards to freedom of business and personal fiscal freedom, but want to prevent people from the free choices regarding drugs, gay marriage, abortion, and a whole host of contradictions.

The left wants everyone to be free to do whatever they want (except for business and rich white guys) but if with that freedom, people fuck up their lives, then everyone else should be forced to support them.

I say, do what you want; you deserve 100% of the accolades for success and 100% of the responsibilty for your fuck ups.

I agree with this, except it wouldn't be fair if EVERYTHING is privatized. you still need free education or the gap between the rich and poor would just keep increasing. maybe you would want that though.
I'm all for public education. I'm not talking about disbanding the government. Everyone should have access to opportunity. And by that, I mean public education (IN ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKERS). Nothing else is required.
It's in my top three of favorite shows.

I'll lend Sleeper the first season on DVD.
Mythbusters is a lot of fun to watch....I don't get Showtime either but I liked what I saw of Bullshit at work.
Galt Wrote:The show is on Showtime.

I can think of no famous person who I agree with.

The far right is totally on in regards to freedom of business and personal fiscal freedom, but want to prevent people from the free choices regarding drugs, gay marriage, abortion, and a whole host of contradictions.

Yes

Its called The Libertarian Party
none of them are famous and they nominate chuckleheads like Howard Stern for public office.
The Sleeper Wrote:I agree with this, except it wouldn't be fair if EVERYTHING is privatized. you still need free education or the gap between the rich and poor would just keep increasing. maybe you would want that though.
Since when is education free in this country? I realize you're not talking about higher education. But everyone that owns property pays taxes that go to the school district they live in, and the taxes aren't cheap. In the neighborhood I grew up in, my parents paid $10,900 a year in property taxes. Yes, not all of it goes to the schools but a lot of it does. Fine, everyone pays taxes, but you'e indirectly paying for the poor education system we have here.
well, who told your parents to live in ritzy Huntington??? If they lived in Wyndanch, you'd pay less property taxes, and therefore less to education. Each town and locality has property taxes going towards the school system based on people owning property. Rent, and education would be free.
Even if they lived in Wyandanch, or Brentwood, or anywhere, they still would be paying taxes. Fine, it wouldn't be as much, but it still wouldn't make education free.
It's a pretty great program, I only seen a few episodes tho. I really liked one I saw last week that was about PETA and all the animal rights psycos, good stuff.
Rape Fantasizer Wrote:Even if they lived in Wyandanch, or Brentwood
and your cooze would be wider
Pages: 1 2