CDIH

Full Version: Friends of the show!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So because of all the controversy about how the show was a fix, watched Last Comic Standing tonight, and in Miami, after sitting in line for three hours, Jim Norton tried out.

Now, he moved on, and made it to the top 40, but isn't that kind of pathetic that he even tried out?

I've only heard him on the show, and he sucked, but everyone said his act was great. If his act was so fucking great, would he be trying to be the next Dat Phan?

His whole gimmick on the show was shitting on these idiots who do stupid pathetic shit, people who are desperate to be famous, selling out what not.

Now, he's trying out for some reality show? A few months back I saw him as the "confidence coach" on an MTV spring break bit.

He fucking sucks. Second, why the fuck was he in Miami?

And there's some guy named Vladimir who reminds me of Sleeper. He even pulled out the Jakov Smirnoff bits
i thought the same thing about the vlad kid, totally reminded me of sleeper.

i guess norton really is that low rent. last year vos was on the show. how pathetic.

i hear norton actually makes it into the house but NBC vetos it. cmon, middle america loves AIDS jokes.
"That kid totally reminds me of....umm nevermind, you don't know him"
i had the same mental exercise.
This is a secret that dies with me.
i feel dirty when i post on message boards when other people are around.
it's a primetime show that puts his act to a national forum....the prize is a nbc contract. puts his face to producers, audiences, etc. he's just an opening act and 2nd banana to Colin Quinn on his show...he needs a push...and this is it. i'm surprised you guys can't see that. Vos...he's crap. Norton actually has a very good act...it could work. I don't expect him to win. DC Benny is funnier.
i never found norton funny. & i'm sure there are many many other zany comedians that could stir shit up in the house instead of having to hear his annoying voice each week.
news flash, the producers override the judges decision and refuse norton entry into the house.

if norton wants to be nationally recognized, this is a lame way to do it. its a douchebag show for hack comics. you think a chris rock or a dave chappelle would be caught dead within 30 feet of that garbage?
in comedy..any exposure is good exposure. Chappelle did some shit in his day for years. if you think him and rock didn't "stoop"..you are much mistaken. if a decade a go...they'd be on it as well. comedy, unlike "having talent singing" on Idol...is far different b/c to subsist on it as a career, you need to scrape and sell yourself nonstop to claw for work.
could you picture richard pryor and george carlin playing hide and go seek in that house?

cmon.
Norton said he's 35. When was the last time a comedian worked for 10-15 years like he has without "making it" if Norton hasn't already.

The only one I can think of is Rodney Dangerfield, and Dangerfield never would have joined some friggin game show.

The guy is a hack, he wasn't even remotely funny on the show, and I watched the video of him at the AVN awards, and I again sat their, stonefaced, while watching his supposedly brilliant act.

The "I'm ugly, pastey, and out of shape, and like perverted sex" bit gets tired pretty fast.
Ya know, if you guys keep talking shit about friends of the show we're never gonna get endorsed by O&A. What will become of us then?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Keyser Soze Wrote:could you picture richard pryor and george carlin playing hide and go seek in that house?

cmon.
what does it have to do with the kings of comedy??? norton is just another middle-tier comedian.
for one, the brass at NBC would never allow him on their network using the material that made him a middle-tier hack. so therefore, he would have to water down an act based on hookers, sexual deviance, and AIDS jokes.
Norton is painfully unfunny, and to my dying day, I will say that he, not syndication, ruined the Opie and Anthony Show.
This thread would be funnier on YMB. Nobody cares that you hate Norton here.
feel free to copy my material and pass it off as your own over there, as you are wont to do.
Quote:as you are wont to do.

I am won't to do it.
ymb doesnt hold a candle to wackbag's sycopantry
Pages: 1 2 3