CDIH

Full Version: Is music getting better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lately I'm hearing a lot more music that appeals to me on K-Rock, MTV, and the like and it makes me hopeful that we're on an upswing in terms of what is considered popular music. After the era of the boy band, everything developed a particular metal edge to it, where the guitar was layered on hard and thick and the singer would just angrily wail most of the songs. It seemed so abundant that it became stale. Everything sounded like Drowning Pool. I bought "Fever To Tell" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs a couple of months ago based on the single I heard on the radio and it is excellent. There's a few other songs I've been hearing that I like. Modest Mouse... Franz Ferdinand (that one song has a nice Bowie quality to it)... A friend of mine brought me an album by Muse which is decent. "Cold Hard Bitch" by Jet is pretty good as well. Even that fucking Darkness song is beginning to grow on me. It just seems that lately I'm more likely to turn on the radio in my car than I am to pop in a CD.
lush told me to reply as her telling you that she agrees cause she listens to all that crap.
I can't deny that a lot of it is crap, but for pop music, it's pretty good.
i tried to turn you all on to the yeah yeah yeahs months ago and you all shit on me. fuck all you latecomer, bandwagon jumping fuckers!
no , you're selling out!
i never listen to the radio, so really the only way i hear anything new is if someone sends it to me, or its in a movie or on tv. vh1 late at night isn't so bad. its good background noise when i'm reading a manual or something. the top 20 countdown is pretty much it.
check the listening thread, i was listening to the yeah yeah yeahs way before you mentioned them, stock market liar.
I haven't listened to a radio since I had a car and that was Labor Day.
there is a lot of stuff that is getting not shitty in the past few months. That song "Time is Runing Out" by Muse is really good, even though the rest of their album is pretty much a Radiohead ripoff. youd swear it was thom yorke singing. new beastie boys stuff is nice, and all the groups you mentioned are good too
Good, I need to download some new music for the gym. What are good songs. Quick, fast paced. Not Godsmack swallowing the microphone while screaming stuff, but fast paced.

Edited By Galt on 1088183894
the new my chemical romance is good
I recognize all the words, but that sentence makes no sense to me.
Modest Mouse is great. Check out the albums "Moon and Antarctica" and "Lonesome crowded west"
Muse's Absolution album is the first CD in at least 4 years I have actually gone to a record store to purchase. I listened to the whole album on their website and wanted a better quality copy than the mp3s. Its very much like radiohead, but back in the bends days when they were more guitar oriented.
Keyser Soze Wrote:check the listening thread, i was listening to the yeah yeah yeahs way before you mentioned them, stock market liar.
this coming from the guy who has to lie about getting laid. pathetic.
it's cute that you two are fighting over who was hip to a bad band first
I'll admit that when I first heard it, I thought "Hey! This is the band Arpi mentioned."
vindication is mine!!!
did sleeper just say "hip to" ?
he is being retro.
Pages: 1 2