CDIH

Full Version: so my basement flooded....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
and i found these guys who waterproof basements and guarantee it for life. the beauty of this all is that after 3 visits from my insurance adjuster they gave me a check for 18 grand. the basement guys are charging me 9 grand and the contractor who is going to rebuild my basement to my new specifications is charging me 5 grand. i get a new improved basement and i net 4 grand. this is also not counting the 7500 the previous owner left in escrow that we are now going to get. life is good.
What a transparent excuse to talk about money.
how much do you pay for homeowners insurance?
Water leaks in the basement are awful. Even though they say it's guaranteed for life, make sure you stay on top of them to get the job right the first time. Having people come into your house several times, even for free, to get the job done right is a real headache - not to mention the mess and inconvenience.
Keyser Soze Wrote:how much do you pay for homeowners insurance?
$810 a year.
[Image: Money%20Pit.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>
Arpikarhu Wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote:how much do you pay for homeowners insurance?
$810 a year.
that's not bad at all - who is your insurer, if you don't mind me asking?
i think that i will keep that to myself as i dont trust everyone with access to this board.
Not any more.
Mad Wrote:Not any more.
no increase in my rates. i asked about that. they said it usually takes 3 claims before they raise premiums.
Arpikarhu Wrote:i think that i will keep that to myself as i dont trust everyone with access to this board.
gotcha - totally understandable.
Arpikarhu Wrote:
Mad Wrote:Not any more.
no increase in my rates. i asked about that. they said it usually takes 3 claims before they raise premiums.
Depending on the company, three claims and they'll drop you very quickly. Then try and get insurance, without paying out the ass for it.
$810??? How much is your house insured for?

My homeowners is only $210-ish. But I'm not in Maplewood.
my house is insured for 535 plus i have liability.
That's an amazing rate then.
Yeah. Nice weather were having.
As he types this from within the internet cafe of which, outside, his cardboard box is located...
its actually a big plastic bag from rite-aid. someone stole my box.
Don't suffocate.
i use a stick to keep the bag open.
Pages: 1 2