CDIH

Full Version: Nuclear Warheads found in Iraq - 4 MORE YEARS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MSFT dividend + GWB guaranteed to win election = stock market wins!!!!
Quote:Nuclear arms reportedly found in Iraq

BAGHDAD, July 21 (UPI) -- Iraqi security reportedly discovered three missiles carrying nuclear heads concealed in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad, official sources said Wednesday.

The official daily al-Sabah quoted the sources as saying the missiles were discovered in trenches near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

"The three missiles were discovered by chance when the Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear heads," the sources said.

They pointed out that the missiles were actually discovered in the trenches lying under six meters of concrete and designed in a way to unable sophisticated sensors from discovering nuclear radiation.

The sources said al-Douri, who is related to former Vice Chairman of the Iraq Revolution Council and Saddam's right-hand man Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, was captured after Iraqi police intercepted an e-mail message in which he set a meeting with another former Baath official.

The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://interestalert.com/brand....%20News">http://interestalert.com/brand....%20News</a><!-- m -->
Of course, this will immediately be poo-pooed by conspiracy theorists that "The Evil Genius GWB" planted everything in Iraq and this is nothing more than another evil play to get re-elected.
its not on CNN. I won't believe it until its from some legitimate news source.
It's on Drudge, but yeah I agree. I'm not entirely positive it's a true story as well.

After I posted this story, another article was posted on Drudge that an Iraqi official said it was a bogus story.
wow, three whole warheads eh?
Galt, how much are you going to clean up with the Microsoft stock?
That's 50% more than we dropped on Japan.
Mad Wrote:Galt, how much are you going to clean up with the Microsoft stock?
My options are up 93% in 3 months!
Sweet and you didn't lie about them, unlike other people.
Mad Wrote:Sweet and you didn't lie about them, unlike other people.
Don't mock those whom are no longer here to defend themselves.
My return on BEAS will put my return on MSFT to shame.

I miss Arpi
I feel dirty linking to the Moonie Times, but they're ones who "broke" this story...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040721-123949-2680r.htm">http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking ... -2680r.htm</a><!-- m -->

Quote:Official denies nuclear arms found in Iraq

BAGHDAD, July 21 (UPI) -- A U.S. military official Wednesday denied a report of Iraqi missiles carrying nuclear warheads being found in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad.

The daily al-Sabah newspaper Wednesday quoted sources as saying three missiles armed with nuclear warheads were discovered in a trench near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

A U.S. military spokesman in Tikrit told United Press International the report was untrue.

"Nothing's been found. The report is not factual," said Master Sgt. Robert Cowens, a spokesman for the 1st Infantry Division, based in Tikrit.

The newspaper reported the three missiles were discovered by chance when Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear warheads.

Al-Sabah said that the missiles were discovered in a trench under six meters of concrete, designed to evade sophisticated sensors.

A spokesman with Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's office told UPI the report concerning the alleged missiles and warheads emerged "while gathering information for Saddam Hussein's tribunal" during the interrogation of a captured former official of Saddam's regime.
what a surprise that it was the washington times that decided to print this bogus story.
oh well, michael moore can stop sweating and hannity can go back to building up his collection of bile.