CDIH

Full Version: Rate my fantasy team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
First draft this year. Doing another league next week. The one tonight is actually two leagues. Two separate drafts of ten teams. After the playoffs the two top teams square off in the Superbowl. But anyway my team is below. I picked 9th, and got Moss and Culpepper at 12. My running backs and defense suck but overall i think it's a pretty solid squad. Winner gets nearly $1200.

QB: Culpepper, Brady
RB: Rudi Johnson, Julius Jones, Warrick Dunn, E. Smith
WR: Randy Moss, Mason, Javon Walker, Branch
TE: Pollard, McMicheal
K: Nedney, Carney
Alt: Wheatley, Andre Davis
D: Tampa, Pitt
your RB's were lookin weak there till I saw emmit, good move.
There were two guys there that took like 10 minutes before they made a selection. So annoying
Whats worse is they are usually the guys who complain about people taking so long and their excuse is always; "oh man the guy before me took the guy I wanted".
And then take a player that's already taken, so you have to wait ten more minutes.
Then they pick the worst fuckin player possible. I remember in my baseball draft there was a guy who bitched about how long people took but he took the full 90 seconds or whatever it was every pick.

Whats even worse is people who take really long on like the first 6 or 7 picks, it really isnt that difficult, its not about the superstars its the surprise guys who have career seasons that you are lucky enough to get.

But this guy picked fuckin picked with the 3rd pick!! now a rod and bonds got taken 1 and 2, so you had pujols, and vlad and everyone basically available, who does he pick? No joke, he takes Jeter. He said he'd never take pujols cause he's iffy on guys who had a good season the previous year cause they never reproduce the numbers.

yeah hes in last place.
No one will ever win a fantasy league with Rudi Johnson and Julius Jones as their starting RBs.

1. I can understand taking one of those stud guys instead of a RB, but not both. The dropoff after the bigtime RBs is just so dramatic that you get fucked if you don't join in with everyone else and draft a RB (probably two of your first three picks).

2. I never agreed with the QB, WR from the same team theory. Especially as your two top picks. It's those two guys (your top two picks regardless of who they are) that are going to win or lose a week for you. When you leverage yourself completely to Culpepper throwing TDs to Moss, it's going to boil down to: Anytime Moss gets shut down, you will lose every week.

3. Brady isn't a bad backup for a 10-team league, but he's overrated this year. He's going to lose redzone passing touchdowns to Dillon

4. Pollard isn't even the starting TE for Indy. McMichael should be your #1 TE. Dallas Clark is going to be getting that. Gates should be available in a 10-team league and will probably put up better numbers than both those guys

5. No reason to have a backup TE, backup D, and a backup kicker (unless you start both of them. Other than that, there's no need to have a backup. kickers, defenses, and TEs. Ks and TEs are hit-or-miss from week to week, why waste a roster spot on one of them. Defenses you can just spot start against whoever's playing Miami, SD, Arizona, or Chicago. Pointless. Dump them and pick up someone who might save your rushing game (i.e. the backups for injury prone guys like Faulk, Holmes, and Taylor) or some sleeper WRs who you could, if desperate trade Moss and put them starting (Fitzgerald, McCairens?)

6. Your RBs are for shit. Not a one of them is safe in their job. You need at least one you can depend on. Since no one will trade studs (since apparently everyone except you realizes how crucial they are) try and get someone like Brown (TENN), T Jones, Westbrook (though it's probably from other guys in Philly and you have no chance of trading for him), and Dillon

7. I'd recommend trading one of Culpepper or Moss to diversify yo team nigga and upgrade your severely deficient RB corps.

8. There is no way you finish ahead of 5th. You migth have high points, but your team will be way to inconsistent

9. You did shitty. Real shitty.
as comparison. Here's my first draft from this year. I have my other one on Tuesday. Both or 14-team leagues. I had the 13th pick in this one.

QB: Green, Delhomme
RB: Barlow, Westbrook
WR: D Jackson, Toomer
WR/RB: T Jones
TE: Gates
K: Feeley
D: Jacksonville

backup RB: S Jackson
backup WR: Boldin, Terrell, Wayne, Roy Williams, Burelson
Rudi Johnson is going to have good year. The other guys were a risk and one of them is likely to have at least a solid season. My wide receivers will make up the slack. I think Moss and culpepper are going to do some heavy damage again this year. Mason is pretty dependable and Walker is going to have a break out season. When you pick at 9 all the solid running backs who put up huge numbers are gone.
if Rudi Johnson were great, the Bengals wouldn't have taken Perry so early (plus, isn't Johnson hurting)

Second. looking very quickly at the numbers, there 7 weeks were Moss produced poor to mediocre stats (less than 10 points). In those 7 weeks, Culpepper also averaged about 10-15 points. It's going to be feast or famine with those guys. Half the time you're going to crush whoever your playing. Half the time you're going to get killed. You're playing head to head, and you don't want a team to totally leveraged to one guy throwing another guy TD passes.
14 teams is spreading it too thin for my liking. I assume your first pick was Barlow. I don't like any player on San Fran. They'll be lucky to win 4 games. Westbrook is the best player on your team but he's fragile. He could have a monster season if he stays healthy (hopefully). But I'd rather have a few studs in my line up then 8 blah players. We start 3 wide outs in my league, so it can pay off to load up on them and take you chances with the running backs.
Quote:Topic: Please tell me my fantasy team is good

Edited By Galt on 1093755312
Did I complain about your critique? No. Just telling you how i see it.
You are desperate for everyone approval.

You have a great team. It's stacked and I'm sure you'll win every game. You did a super job. I bet your mom and dad and his psycho girlfriend love you very much.
Rambling drunk.
That pittsburgh defense woulda been awesome a few decades ago.
love me daddy
Really stretching it, drunko. You better get some sleep.
Hoo Hoo, I invented Fantasy Sports, Hoo Hoo.
If I were near you I'd let you rest your tired head on my shoulder and I'd pat you on the back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4