CDIH

Full Version: You Have AIDS - Sike!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Man's HIV Diagnosis Reversed 8 Years Later

SAN FRANCISCO - A California man who once tested positive for HIV has learned the diagnosis made eight years ago was mistaken and he never had the virus that causes AIDS.

Jim Malone spent years battling depression and losing weight, expecting to die at any time. He attended support group meetings and accepted free meals from an AIDS charity. Malone's main doctor, Richard Karp, acknowledged the error in an Aug. 4 letter to the Department of Veterans Affairs clinic where Malone was treated.

"As his primary care provider, I take full responsibility," the doctor wrote.

Malone, who is gay and has lost friends to AIDS, said he is relieved but angry at his doctor.

"He told me, 'We made a very big mistake. We did not do our job,'" he said. "I said, 'You mean to tell me that all you have to say is you are sorry? Sorry that I lived for all this time believing I was going to die?'"

The Oakland Department of Veterans Affairs is investigating.

Quote:The error may have occurred because Malone arrived at the clinic in 1996 with lab results from a testing firm showing he had HIV, said Karen Pridmore, spokeswoman for the VA's Northern California Health Care System.

The clinic performed its own HIV test on Malone to confirm the first set of results and it came back negative, but that information was never shared with the patient, Pridmore said.

The mistake was uncovered by the VA's computer system, which tracks HIV patients and conducts a periodic review of cases.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://itemonline.com/articles/2004/08/29/ap/headlines/d84p8i4o1.txt">http://itemonline.com/articles/2004/08/ ... p8i4o1.txt</a><!-- m -->

this is quite fucked up
Mistakes happen, no big deal, right?

Doctors and their fuck ups kill an estimated 100,000 people per year.
Always look at the bright side of life, dun dee dun, dah dah dah dah dah
so I guess that wasn't a bucket of AIDS that he fell into :whew:
Yeah but imagine if that was you...... Hey Jenny they made a mistake I don't have Aids anymore.
Jenny: sure you don't have aids anymore
That really sucks, he can never get those years back but atleast he has many more to live for.

He'll prolly get a sue and get a huge settlement too, so i can't feel too bad for the guy.
he's gay so I highly doubt that.
Thats even more of a reason why he would, the last thing they're looking for would be controversy.
i really don't know how something like that could go on for 8 years.

its totally fucked up.

people who are HIV positive usually have to visit with doctors all the time. checking t cell counts, general health.

this is so fucked up.
Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Jim Malone's life. His breakfast will taste better that any meal you and I have ever tasted. No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.
thats an odd feeling of complete relief and total anger.
Thats what I dont get, I can understand ok they made a mistake in the initial testing but 8 years? I always thought they had to constantly go for testing for cell counts and get tested to see if the virus has mutated any further. It's worse than just an initial testing snafu, it's a complete fuckaroo.
someone is posting on a messageboard somewhere right now about the best practical joke they ever played.
i once convinced this whore in canada that common law marriages only require shared living quarters for six months.
I once paid my brother to meet a bunch of Internet people and pretend to be me.
now that's just morally wrong.