CDIH

Full Version: USB problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so I lost my iPod.

so I bought a new one (rather than trying to get people to win me a freebie)

My old one was an older version, and this time I bought a brand new mini (since I'll never need more than 4 gigs of music)

Apparantly, my computer only supports USB 1.0 rather than the required 2.0, and so my iPod can't connect to my computer. When I tried I got errors about the USB not having enough power.

What is the absolute cheapest way to solve this problem?

Can I get an adapter? Do I need to buy a new card? I've seen some USB hubs that "support" USB 2.0. Does that mean that I can connect a 2.0 device to the hub, and connect the device to my 1.0 USB and still have it work?
Maybe.
Where did you lose the ipod
new laptop and Ipod same street, true story.
I left it in a rental car.

Anyway. answers??????
the best way would be to buy a USB 2.0 card and install it in your machine - its fairly easy to do, should take about 5 minutes. I don't know how much they are, but I don't think they're expensive.

you can try buying a powered hub instead, the problem is if its a 2.0 hub and its connected to a 1.0 port, the hub will default to 1.0. I'm not sure if the extra power would help make up the difference, but it might.

Just buy a USB 2.0 PCI card and slap it in - you probably wont even need to install it, Windows should recognize it and install it by itself.
desktop
and so, I've gotta spend another $30 to get this friggin iPod to work?
Tough luck, jew.
ipod sucks.. i have the iriver igp-100. much better.
blah blah blah. You get 1 star.

some whore had my iPod and didn't tell me. So now I don't need this iPod mini. Who wants it for free?

Edited By Galt on 1094914023
OHHHH mE
E-Bay it, unless of course you like to piss money away.
Peddling jew.
ill buy it for $150
oh, yeah. I was joking.

I'm returning it. What do you think I'm some charity?
sleeper does
Actually, USB2.0 is backward compatible to the old USB1.1 standard. Your problem about not enough power could be because you have other things plugged into the USB hub that get their power from the USB. If you do, just unplug everything but the iPod and it should work. If you don't have anything else plugged in, then you might as well upgrade to USB2.0. The cards are really cheap and installing them is a breeze. That is unless you're talking about a laptop in which case you'll need the more expensive PC card USB2.0.