CDIH

Full Version: Death to smoochy or panic room - Which to see first?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since this is the first weekene that I can remember that two movies I want to see are coming out, I'm debating which to get ticket to first- DeVito's Death to Smoochy or Fincher's Panic Room. Personaly I'm thinking DTS first but what about you?
The breakdown. I have no idea what either is about

Danny Davito. How the fuck is he so famous? I assert it is merely because he's tiny. He was great in Taxi. Ruthless People was decent. Wise Guys had some good moments, but really just for 80s cheese. Since that, he's done nothing. His movies all suck, he's annoying as hell, and he looks like retard.

Robin Williams. The most annoying person ever. Comedy Central had a little thing about the movie the other day with Ed Norton and Robin Williams: utterly unwatchable. Robin Williams' "wacky" improv was funny only when he was coked out of his mind. Now he just forces it, and I stand there stonefaced at everything he does.

Ed Norton. He's amazing in everything he's in. Ever movie he's in is great...until The Score. He was great, but I think that movie was kind of lame. I will watch this movie, but only because of him.

Jodie Foster and Forrest Whitaker. As people, they annoy me with some of their political shit, but hey that's Hollywood. As actors, I don't think they hurt the movie.

David Fincher. Seven, Fight Club. He's a God. A Golden God at that.

So this is really Fincher vs. Ed Norton in a battle of heavyweights. But Fincher's undercard isn't Cancer like Norton's, so I'll go with Panic Room first
im goin to see panic room. death to smoochy just looks stupid.
I say Death to Smoochy. You could always go Friday and Saturday night?
I think death to smoochy, it just looks amusing. Panic room just looks annoying, and that's from the trailer alone
Faceman Wrote:I think death to smoochy, it just looks amusing. Panic room just looks annoying, and that's from the trailer alone
Yeah, Facey got it on the nose. Panic Room looks like one of those flicks where if you dont pay attention for 2 minutes, you'll miss half the story.
PollyannaFlower46 Wrote:I say Death to Smoochy. You could always go Friday and Saturday night?
I'm not a millionare. I can wait a couple of days to see Panic Room
Sephiroth Wrote:
Faceman Wrote:I think death to smoochy, it just looks amusing. Panic room just looks annoying, and that's from the trailer alone
Yeah, Facey got it on the nose. Panic Room looks like one of those flicks where if you dont pay attention for 2 minutes, you'll miss half the story.
Way to bust down the stereotypes of young people having short attention spans.

I hear that Death to Smootchy has a lot of flashing lights and bells to keep you awake, and none of the dialogue is longer than one sentence per person.

And what the fuck is Clockstoppers? <font color=white size=1>

Edited By Galt on Mar. 27 2002 at 12:55
Galt Wrote:And what the fuck is Clockstoppers?
I saw a commercial for it. It's like about kids who get a watch that can stop time. And then people come after them. It's coming out the 29th too. I think a guy from Star Trek: TNG directed it and the squinty guy from Third Rock is in it. And there might be a black guy.
Blade 2. Going to see it as soon as possible.
I saw Panic Room at a press screening last night. It was all right... it's not as scary/intense as the trailers make it out to be. It's an enjoyable 2 hours, but it's def. not better than Seven or Fight Club.

I notice little things about movies, and the opening titles of "Panic Room" are REALLY cool.

My two cents.
Quote:I notice little things about movies, and the opening titles of "Panic Room" are REALLY cool.
I saw it tonight and you hit the nail on the head. There was something going on with that that I couldn't quite get a hold on. The rest of the movie was fairly entertaining, worth seeing if you have nothing better going on.
for the record I decided to save Panic Room for later next week because it seemed more like a movie to concentrate on than a Smoochy movie.
Just got back from SMoochy, it was OK, it wasn't nearly as dark as you might think and could have been cleaned up. But it had more than its share of really inspired moments. Unfortunately the movie as a whole wasn't as witty or clever as those moments.

That being said, Robin Williams gave a fantastic performance. I'm one of the people who particularly like him or his work but in this film he was great. I mean Norton was good but that's not a surprise, Williams was surprising.
Saw Death to Smoochy last night, and I thought it was very funny. Nearly constant supply of laughs, good storyline. Ikea you are right, Williams was very good in it. I also liked Hank Azaria, who was almost unrecognizable as Spinner. Plus it was also nice that almost all of the movie takes place in Times Square, which is familiar territory for a New Yorker like me, and that was fun to follow along with, especially when it supplies me with a little fix while being stuck up here in New Hampshire.