CDIH

Full Version: New Jersey Mets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BYE BYE

Quote:Report: NJ to Pitch Meadowlands to Mets

Sep 30, 2004 9:01 am US/Eastern
(1010 WINS) (East Rutherford, NJ) The man who will become acting governor when Governor McGreevey resigns reportedly is pitching the Mets to come to New Jersey.

The Star-Ledger of Newark reports Senate President Dick Codey will contact Mets owner Fred Wilpon in the coming days.

Codey and Wilpon declined comment.

However, a person close to Codey says the Essex County lawmaker knows the deal might be a longshot.

State Sports and Exposition Authority director George Zoffinger has been talking about the possibility of bringing a small-market team to a 40-thousand-seat baseball stadium at the Meadowlands Sports Complex.

so sorry to see them go
in other news, ralph nader was sworn in as president of the united states.
and in other news drusilla shows keyser and the rest of cdih, her boobs in a thread originally dedicated to the silly notion of the mets moving to jersey.
GonzoStyle Wrote:and in other news drusilla shows keyser and the rest of cdih, her boobs in a thread originally dedicated to the silly notion of the mets moving to jersey.
did i miss it???
yup
the swamps of jersey is where the mets belong. they could play the newark bears and finally be competitive.
oh shit, son!
thats right, i said it!
You tell 'em papa bear!!!
damn straight!
That's my papa bear!!!! :lookatme:
fuck yeah!
yeh we give ny the nets and we get the fuck mets in trade... what a fucking scam.
steinbrenner once threatened to move to jersey if the city didnt help the yanks build a new stadium
whats your point?
I guess that NJ sjould be grateful for the fact they flirted with greatness if even for a moment.

Though I probably think he really had no point and had more of a cliff clavin moment.
Arpikarhu Wrote:whats your point?
that the whole concept is getting old, neither team will ever move to jersey.

and another MLB team will never move to jersey either because both the Mets and Yanks will fight it at every turn.