CDIH

Full Version: Fidel Castro - best fall ever???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Discuss
Safe
The first one to blast, the last to dash
They've been trying to kill the beard since before the kennedy administration and he's evaded death since then, this is just pathetic.
Best fall ever? No.

Best fall still belongs to Bob Dole.
Yes that was the election sealer. if either candidate falls like that i am voting for the other one.
Yankees still have the best collapse
Howard Deans collapse was pretty amusing as well.
Bush Sr. was a sight to behold.
Galt Wrote:Yankees still have the best collapse
i still give the win to the '78 sox.
Bush Sr. shoulda played his harmonica on the arseino hall show.
yeah, well you'd be one of a very few who would believe that.

Losing 14 games in 80 isn't as bad statistically as losing 4 in 4 especially given that the Yanks were 3 outs away from sweeping.

Combined with the condenced importance of a series rather than half a season, the fact that the winner went to the World Series rather than just won their division, how all they had to do was win ONE GAME and couldn't even at home against a cripple, and that the Yankees "always find a way to win" makes it pretty obvious that there is no debate.

But you like to debate for the sake of debating, no matter how far off the mark you are, so that's fine...have your fun.

About 200,000 voted on this exact subject at ESPN and over 70% said that the Yankees collapse was the biggest in sports history.
i feel beaten because people who vote on ESPN disagree with me. most of the nation are yankee haters as is proven in all of those votes on ESPN.com that involve the yankees. its a bogus reference and you of all people should feel ashamed for using it. very fucking pathetic.
I don't need the last line to prove my point. It's sufficiently proved before that.

Like a Mark Bellhorn home run.

Edited By Galt on 1098412480
Well a poll on espn is unfair cause it just happened less than 24 hours ago so ofcourse they'll vote the yanks collapse as the worst. These people have the attention spans of goldfish.
galts lapdog concurs
that's right, Beecher.
so yeah, that Fidel sure can take a tumble, huh?
Galt Wrote:I don't need the last line to prove my point. It's sufficiently proved before that.
then i will address that part of your argument. while the postseason does add importance, the fact that it was just 4 games makes it a very small sample so your use of "statistics" is completely off base. anomalies occur all of the time in a small sampling, as happened here. taking into account the number of games in the second half of the '78 season and the enormity of the sox lead in the division, the red sox collapse is larger. the yankees collapsed over 4 games, the sox collapsed for 3 months.
now go find a poll on yankeehaters.com that sides with your point.
Castro should float over some new pitchers.
I like the fact that a red sox fan after waiting years for the win over the Yankees, gets shot in the eye with a non lethal bullet and dies.
Pages: 1 2