CDIH

Full Version: Six Feet Under next season will be last
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:NEW YORK - "Six Feet Under," a quirky series about a Southern California family that runs a funeral parlor, will end its HBO run after its upcoming fifth season.

Alan Ball, creator and executive producer of the ensemble drama, which stars Peter Krause, Michael C. Hall, Frances Conroy and Rachel Griffiths (news), says he feels the show has run its course.

"Working on `Six Feet Under' has been enormously fulfilling creatively, but if the show is about anything, it's about the fact that everything comes to an end," Ball said in a statement.

Production is set to begin next week. HBO confirmed Monday it would be the show's last season but hasn't said when it will air.

"I will miss working with such enormously talented writers, cast, staff and crew and I'll always be grateful to HBO for allowing and encouraging us to tell the story we set out to tell in a challenging and uncompromising way," Ball said.

The "Six Feet Under" cast won a Screen Actors Guild (news - web sites) award for best ensemble in a drama series this year. Conroy won a Golden Globe and a SAG award for her portrayal of matriarch Ruth Fisher.

I love this show, it gets a little uncomfortable with the gay stuff but overall it's one of the best written shows I have ever seen. It was a great premise and very well carried out and it's one of the premiere shows along with Oz & Sopranos that made HBO the premiere network on sunday nights.

with Oz gone, sopranos also coming up on its final season and no this show going away I wonder what HBO's gonna come up with to replace them.

The Wire is an awesome show, I really reccomend people watch it or catch up if they can. Season 1 was awesome, Season 2 slipped a little but was still great, Season 3 now in progress has much improved now that they have gone back to the original premise of the show with the Barksdale crew back in full force, the dramas reached the high point with last nights episode.

They have Carnivale but to be honest I watched a few episodes of the 1st season and I didn't really get excited or want to keep up.

Deadwood was pretty good at the begining but once they killed off Wild Bill I pretty much lost interest.
Carnivale is pretty much all they have left - I thoroughly enjoyed the first season, despite all the open questions left at the season finale. Season 2 picks up in January.
Can't get into it.

It's
Ali G
Curb
Sopranos
Entourage.

That's it.
Yeah the comedy shows like ali g, curb, etc they are good with those.

I was more refering to the dramas, it's gonna be tough replacing the powerhouses that Oz, Sopranos and Six Feet were. Ofcourse sopranos wont be on till 2006 which is retarted and for only 10 episodes for the final season instead of the usual 13.

Deadwood and Carnivale just don't seem to hack it.
Oz was just putrid. It was a horrible horrible show. I don't know anyone was interested in the show. The acting is downright atrocious. That McManus guy was just painfully cheesy. It was also way unnrealistic where rapes and murders and assault and overdoses occur pretty much every day.
So you're upset that the rapes weren't realistic?
Deadwood is fantastic. Carnivale isn't bad, but slow. Curb i check out time to time. 6 feet i stopped watching after Season 2. Oz I liked, but just got monotenous. Never watched Entourage. I checked out The Wire, not bad. Ali G and Bill Maher are really good, but watch them time to time. Last weeks Bill Maher was very charged, very good.
Galt's assessment on Oz is ass.
For me Oz lost its appeal for me when Adebisi was killed off. I still love the rape scene when adebisi raped schibettas kid and it was so nonchalaint the way he put on his head phones and move the big can on tomoatos out of his way.

Sopranos lost its edge after season 2 but its still better than most shit on TV.

Curb is awesome, Bill Maher is in the tradition of dennis miller, chris rock, etc but I enjoy Bill Mahers show very much, I never miss an episode.

I was more refering to the 1 hour dramas that HBO has been known for, the comedy stuff they are good with.

The Wire is awesome though but deadwood and carnivale aren't the types of shows that I just MUST see every episode.

I haven't missed a single episode of Oz or The Wire, I only missed one episode of sopranos out of all 5 seasons and that was the one where they lost the russian in the woods.
I watched the first 12-16 epsidoes of Oz when they were showing it on HBO On Demand, and really the only redeeming story line was with Beecher and that Nazi guy.

That Irish guy who was also on NYPD Blue that was trying to take over the jail by working with all the separate gangs? So obvious. Like no else in the jail talks to each other. The old guy who could talk to God? Give me a fucking break. The long haired fag who ate his parents? Can't act.

The show was horrible. But great. Lots of penises and male on male rape! Huzzah!
i just started watching Oz on on demand. so far i've seen the first two seasons. i really like the show. Siz Feet Under will always be my favorite HBO drama. I saw the article about it ending in the post this morning. i am a little saddened by it, but i guess its better to let a show end, then have a show die. some times this last season, the episodes were way out there. but i have been way more fascinated by the characters on SFU than any of the other shows.
Keith on six feet is the only gay character off any these shows that i can fathom.
10 yards for wrong word context.