CDIH

Full Version: Johnny Cash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have never really listened to his music as i try to stay away from country music, but lately i have been getting in to his stuff. cant stop listening to it. he wrote some great stuff and surprised me with the amount of drug references.
when i was in nashville i almost bought a shirt that said "Cash" on it
not because of johhny cash, but just because

true story
Arpikarhu: trend follower.
johnny cash is trendy? i just started listening because the sound guy on my show plays him alot.
Johnny Cash had a resurgance like Tony Bennett a few years ago. He did a cover of Hurt by NIN recently, and I think even made some MTV appearances.

Very forced. All marketing. All cheesy.
he's as trendy as they get
seriously. What a retard.
i havent been listening to any of that cover stuff. will have to check it out.been really liking "sunday morning coming down" and "cocaine blues".

if listening to him makes me trendy then i am trendy. so be it.

its still good stuff.
When MTV starts playing Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson we'll let you know so you can appear ahead of the curve despite the fact that you are a slave to what "the man" feeds you.
Willie Nelson was already on VH1 like 3 years ago, so i guess he missed that opportunity.
jennings and nelson are way too country for me.
HAVE U HEARD OF THAT BAND PINK FLOYD, THEY ARE KEWL!
I saw a band play a few days after Johnny Cash died and they were like "so are you all sad about johnny cash dying...well boo hoo most of you only liked him to be cool anyway"
It was the cool thing to say once he died.
country music sucks - sorry, but it does.
alot of his stuff isnt really country
so I have heard, but it's country enough for me to not like it.
i think you might be surprised.
I've said before I like all genre's of music, from hip hop to classical and even some country. I am more about the artists than the genre, I always liked Mr. Cash as well as even some Tim Mcgraw and all the way back to Patsy Cline.

most country music does blow indeed but some is good, this whole country music mafia or whatever that shit is has got to go though. Mixing rock and rap was one thing but mixing gangsta rap and country is just uncalled for.
thats nice but we werent talking about what you like. this is about what i like. not everything is about you.
Pages: 1 2