CDIH

Full Version: Albums that turn 20 in 2005 - damn we're getting old
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was listening to Celtic Frost's “To Mega Therion” and I realized that this fucking incredible album is almost TWENTY YEARS OLD. Time marches on and all that.

It struck me that 1985 was a really, really, REALLY good year for metal so…

In 2005, these albums will be 20 years old.

Celtic Frost – “To Mega Therion”

Slayer – “Hell Awaits”

Exodus – “Bonded By Blood”

Trouble – “The Skull”

Saint Vitus – “Hallow’s Victim”

Kreator – “Endless Pain”

Destruction – “Infernal Overkill”

Overkill – “Feel the Fire”

Possessed – “Seven Churches”

Dark Angel – “We Have Arrived”

Nasty Savage – “Nasty Savage”

Iron Maiden - "Live After Death"

Megadeth - "Killing Is My Business"

Anthrax - "Spreading The Disease"

Fates Warning - "The Spectre Within"

Helloween - "Walls Of Jericho"

Venom - "Possessed"

Armored Saint - "Delirious Nomad"

Yngwie Malmsteen - "Marching Out"

Accept - "Metal Heart"
Quote:Helloween - "Walls Of Jericho"

this album is amazing - and sadly, not too many people (at least my friends) ever thought so. They were one band that I never got to see live Sad
I might be wrong, but wasn't Helloween kind of under the radar until "Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part I" came out? This was a little before my time, I didn't really get into metal 'til I was about 12/13 and started using all my paper route money to buy up all the awesome shit I missed cause I was too young to know better.

But yeah, "Walls Of Jericho" rocked...
a lot of metal was under the radar back then, I pretty much got all my metal fixes from WSOU and my friends. I wish I could go back to those days.

I wish we had a metal ftp where all of these cd's could be found
WSOU was and is the greatest thing ever...it was them and some AM station back then (Z-rock? pretty sure it was 1480) that moved me away from the Z-100/MTV bullshit.

And yeah, most all metal was under the radar, I just thought "Seven Keys" got Helloween recognition on the level of Metallica, Slayer at the time...sort of as THE #1 power metal band.

And a metal ftp would be great, there's gotta be one out there smewhere...
thanks for reminding me how old i am........i was a freshman in HS when those albums were released
And just for the hell of it, albums turning 30:

Rush - Fly By Night

Rush - Caress Of Steel

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Black Sabbath - Sabotage

Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic

Deep Purple - Come Taste The Band

Budgie - Bandolier

Kiss - Dressed To Kill

Kiss - Alive!

Queen - A Night At The Opera

Scorpions - In Trance

AC/DC - High Voltage

AC/DC - T.N.T.

UFO - Force It

Edited By Sir O on 1104271907
Sir O Wrote:I was listening to Celtic Frost's “To Mega Therion” and I realized that this fucking incredible album is almost TWENTY YEARS OLD. Time marches on and all that.

It struck me that 1985 was a really, really, REALLY good year for metal so…

In 2005, these albums will be 20 years old.

Celtic Frost – “To Mega Therion”

Slayer – “Hell Awaits”

Exodus – “Bonded By Blood”

Trouble – “The Skull”

Saint Vitus – “Hallow’s Victim”

Kreator – “Endless Pain”

Destruction – “Infernal Overkill”

Overkill – “Feel the Fire”

Possessed – “Seven Churches”

Dark Angel – “We Have Arrived”

Nasty Savage – “Nasty Savage”

Iron Maiden - "Live After Death"

Megadeth - "Killing Is My Business"

Anthrax - "Spreading The Disease"

Fates Warning - "The Spectre Within"

Helloween - "Walls Of Jericho"

Venom - "Possessed"

Armored Saint - "Delirious Nomad"

Yngwie Malmsteen - "Marching Out"

Accept - "Metal Heart"
i have never heard of half of these bands and have not listened to any of these albums. I can only guess by the names that they all comprise some suburban kids wet dream of a death metal playlist. Albums that would be on the shelf in any characters room from, "rivers edge".
i don't think death metal was even a genre in 1984
i wouldnt know. what i have heard of it makes me assume that it is music for disaffected teenagers who feel a lack of personal empowerment and harbor alot of internal rage because of it.
It might not have been called "death metal" at the time, but Possessed's “Seven Churches” (Larry LaLonde's band pre-Primus) may well be the first death metal album ever made...
then if i go back into time and kill him a million angst ridden, acne covered, suburban teens will be forced to listen to manilow in order to express their slacker rage!
Funny how the opinion of Dame Edna's spotlight boy on this matters not to me...
thats me, dame ednas spotlight boy!

i am responsible for all of the material in the shows i work on. really.

even if dame ednas show sucked, and it does big time, it would still be better than sitting around, listening to music that sounds like a sack of pig iron being dropped down a flight of stairs, and telling myself how the lyrics really talk to me about my internal angst and rage against all that is keeping me down when the truth is that i am really just unmotivated and would rather blame the world than myself for my shortcomings.
Wow, I now see the tragic error I've made. I shall now walk - nay, RUN to the nearest record store and cleanse myself with some Pat Boone, maybe some Neil Diamond! Devil Music no more, for Arpi has shown me the lght!
you fight like a pussy.
Who's fighting? I am nothing but greatful, for the exciting world of Easy Listening has many wonders to offer! Perhaps you could recommend a good Tony Bennett album for a new fan? Life Is Beautiful or The Art Of Excellence? Decisions, decisions...
i expected better of you. pussy.
There is a single tear dripping down my face, as though you were a white man who threw garbage at my beautiful native land.
that's better
Pages: 1 2