CDIH

Full Version: A day in the life of...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
what do you do? I want people to volunteer via PM to document a 24-hour stretch of their daily lives.

I will then post said logs and comments will ensue.
clarification:

You PM me: "I guess I'll do it, why not"
after a few people have volunteered, I set up a schedule. I then PM you back and say, "Ok, how about next Monday?" You say "sure"

Then on Monday, you keep a running diary of your day. However you want. Log what you do, log conversations, log what you're thinking, whatever.

Then on Tuesday, the entire log is posted.
while interesting, who the hell would spend the time to read what would be an incredibly long and possibly mundane post?
Who said it has to be incredibly long?
And people are reading the interviews
the interviews are a small snippet in time, not an entire day of someones life. plus, judging by what we already know about the people here, it would be an entire day of boring monotony broken up only by the time they spend on this board.
Who spends a lot of time on this board?

You make no sense.
so then don't do it and/or don't read it. It's a free market here. If no one wants to do it, then no one will and it will be a non-issue.

and I would disagree that we know a lot about each other in a day to day sense. People tell short stories about their job or some idiot, but not really the whole day.

But if no one wants to do it, then fine. I'd do it, but I'm not working so I have nothing going on in my life, which is why I'm on this board 8 hours a day now until I start interviewing against next week.
i must of missed it. did you quit over the whole paycheck thing?
not completely that, but it was a catalyst.
a short stay at your first job here in ny will look good on your resume.
I've been in NYC for over a year.
oooh! 1 year on the job. that will stick out on a resume like a shining star.
I'm probably quitting my job after a year
I had 3 jobs in 7 years each better than the last, I sure hope they don't realize I can't hold one!
the man criticizing does shows that last even less time.
Word for Word in actual conversations?
Gooch Wrote:the man criticizing does shows that last even less time.
ahh but i do not quit or get fired. that is a big difference. fool.
I'd trust Galt with finances, thus business decisions, over you Danny-san. Lights off. Lights On.
i dont think a jar of pennies and a set of star wars action figures count as finances, but to each his own.
some of those action figures fetch a pretty penny on E-Bay.

I often think I should have quit my job & moved on, but I've been lucky to move up to a higher & more comfortable position - not to mention the pay is pretty decent, considering I don't do all that much most of the time.
Pages: 1 2 3