CDIH

Full Version: What would happen - If i died
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't really know why, but I was thinking about this today. I was driving home from work, and this just kind of popped into my head. If I died, how would people know? I really don't have alot of friends. I truly don't like most people, so those friends that I have are that much closer to me. And, the friends I have, aren't necessarily people I talk to every day.

My best friend now lives in VA, and I don't even talk to him every week lately. But when we do talk, we just continue where ever we left off from before. I think it may take awhile for him to find out.
I have a few friends which I've become very close to, who I only talk to online. I know that sounds weird, but yeah, it's possible.
I have my other local friends. I don't really talk to them every day either, well, usually online.
Then I have my friends from the board.
And finally my family.

My family would probably be notified pretty quickly. Including extended family. They would all get a call that day or so.

Now my dilemma is, how do my friends find out? I'm sure that My family would notify my best friend in VA. And my one other close friend in PA. But my local friends. It would probably take them a few days or even a week before they realized I wasn't right here. And my online friends? How long would it take you guys to realize I wasn't here? I have become good friends with some of you. How long would it take one of you to call?
How about the friends that I only talk to online? Would they ever know? Would they think I just walked away? Would they hate me because of it and not know I was dead?

Who would show up at my funeral?

Sorry for the seriousness of this. I was thinking about it, and writing about it, and just decided to put it here.

Are others like this? Do you ever stop and think about what would happen? Or how people would find out?
We have a tread just like this outside of the cell. "What would happen if Maynard died?"

Everyone's posting lots of rainbows and happy little trees and animals. It's beautiful.
Danked Wrote:We have a tread just like this outside of the cell. "What would happen if Maynard died?"

Everyone's posting lots of rainbows and happy little trees and animals. It's beautiful.
Yeah thanks Danked. But this wasnt a joke. Sad
You would be missed asshole...
I would definately call within a day or two if you weren't online.
I mean...I'd just try and see if I could fix your 'puter for you so you could get back online.

And yes...I not only would go to your funeral...
I'd even send flowers.
Now shut the fuck up.
may if you kicked, who would sluggo constantly call a dick?

he already constantly calls me a retard so i wouldn't be his first choice.
LZ...Stop trying to be a dick
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
i'd miss the maymay....lots :disappointed:
How come everyone else can heartlessly mock Maynard, but I get the guilt trip?

Truthfully, I'd probably be remembered more by my friends than my family. My family has a pretty dark and tragic history which I know very little about. My mom and her aunts rarely talked about the past and if they did we were always sheilded from so much detail. I don't know if it was trying to protect us from information or if they themselves have just blocked things out. I was always closer to my buddies.
Danked Wrote:How come everyone else can heartlessly mock Maynard, but I get the guilt trip?

Truthfully, I'd probably be remembered more by my friends than my family. My family has a pretty dark and tragic history which I know very little about. My mom and her aunts rarely talked about the past and if they did we were always sheilded from so much detail. I don't know if it was trying to protect us from information or if they themselves have just blocked things out. I was always closer to my buddies.
You responded first. I would have hoped the idiot brothers would have realized this was serious and not made a joke.
relax dude, everyone thinks about shit like that.

i truly don't get along with my family so i don't know what would happen if i bought the farm.........

actually i've already taken care of that in my will so i don't really care what happens after i'm gone.

just like danked, i think it affect my friends more than it would my family.
Alas, that's why I turned to a life of drugs, booze, and casual sex.
I did not make a joke...
Well, I did, But not until after I said you'd be missed.
Fuck you and Danked for not realizing that.

And Lz IS RETARDED!
The seriousness of Maynard original post made me laugh even harder at Danked's response. I never had someone I met online die so I don't have a point of reference. I hardly know you but I would definitely feel bad and might even consider attending the funeral. Man this is the strangest topic I have ever responded to. As far as myself, I don't really think about who would know if I died, I just wonder how people would respond. How would I be remembered.
I don't really know you on the board or off, so to be honest, it really wouldn't affect me much. Don't get me wrong, I would feel bad that someone so young had to die, but personally, nah, not much.

However, as much as he is loathe to admit it, Arpi would cry. He would cry so hard that it would be one of those silent, retching cries. He just wouldn't accept that you were gone. He would try and jump in the casket and just hold you and try and make all the deadness go away.

He just can't bring himself to respond to this thread, because it's one of those things like your children dying that you just can't even fathom.
I have a deadman e-mail system all set up.

If I don't go on-line and reset the timer every seven days, an e-mail will be broadcast to everyone I know the e-mail address for. It also contains a virus i wrote myself which will then use those peoples address books and and e-mail out again. It's completely undetectable by any modern anti-virus.

My obit will be the world's largest spam e-mail! Hahahahaha!!
I've thought about this. My family would know, but howwould they tell anyone else I know. They know some of my friends, and they would probably tell the people at work. THere are probably some people I know they wouldn't know to call.

Like you people. A few might wonder why I suddenly stopped showing up, and I wouldn't want them to think I was just a bitch and stopped talking to them.

I've also wondered how I would/or if I would find out about some people I know casually. Would I call a month later and have to be told about it? Would I wonder why they never called me? Or even someone I might consider a good friend, would their family know to call me?

Now I'm gonna think about this all day. :confused:
I've been thinking about this a lot also since my father passed. My mother showed me the obituary she placed in the paper for him. It essentially boiled down to "He was born, he lived, he died." Is it really that fucking simple? No matter what we do in life....can it all just be boiled down to that?
Quote:Is it really that fucking simple? No matter what we do in life....can it all just be boiled down to that?
Unfortunatly the answer is Yes. Unless you do something to forever change the path of mankind, that's all it boils down to. Born, live, die. Once you're dead, does it matter who knows?
Quote:He was born, he lived, he died
Yup, that's pretty much it. All that's left on the gravestone (if you're so inclined to have one) is date born - date passed away, I read somewhere it's what you do with the "-" that amounts to your life. So work on the living part, enjoy your life now. It's weird, after Sept. 11, or maybe a little before, that I just get a feeling that we don't have much time left, been thinking about this stuff lately. I'm not afraid of dying, you can't stop it? I wouldn't want to put my friends through an awful funeral so I would want somthing small, a celebration, or a good ole fashioned Irish drunken gathering. After Jimi Hendrix's funeral, there was a huge jam session of all his musician friends celebrating his life with music. I guess if one day I just disappear for a while, expect the worst, I dunno how you would find out.

Maymay, I would be proud to smoke your ashes...

<font color=white>pssssst- anyone got any rat poisoning?</font color=white>
Pages: 1 2