CDIH

Full Version: Old people are funny!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Rolling back bad taste

A Wal-Mart worker showed a photo of himself wearing only a sack.

By CLARK KAUFFMAN
REGISTER STAFF WRITER
January 7, 2005

A 65-year-old Wal-Mart greeter has been fired for greeting customers with a computer-generated photograph of himself wearing nothing but a Wal-Mart sack.

Dean Wooten was fired in September from his job as a greeter at the Muscatine Wal-Mart store where he had worked for seven years, state records show. He was accused of greeting customers with a picture of himself in which he appeared to be naked except for the carefully placed sack.

Wooten allegedly told customers that Wal-Mart was cutting back on expenses and that the sack represented the new employee uniform.

After some customers complained, a supervisor told Wooten not to display the picture. Five days later, after more customers complained, Wooten admitted he had brought the picture back to work and had been showing it again to customers. He was fired that day.

Wooten applied for unemployment benefits but was denied by Administrative Law Judge Susan Brightman, who ruled that "a reasonable person would know the act of showing a naked body wearing a Wal-Mart sack would not be good for the employer's business."

Wooten said he thought customers would find the photo amusing. It wasn't intended to be critical of Wal-Mart, he said.

"I didn't have nothing against Wal-Mart," he said. "A friend of mine got the photo of the body off the Internet, and he had a picture of me and he put my head on it. When I first seen it, I pretty near died laughing."

[Image: wm.jpg]
The picture is bad enough.

The story just confirms that you are trying way too hard.

But, um, good try for an older fella.
Arpiteenweek, who knew.
i found it funny. fuck all-a-y'all!
You found it funny because you can relate to him, we all find the most humor in jokes we can relate to.
i have never worn a plastic bag, let alone taken a picture of myself in on. you make no sense.
I found it funny because the story is at least two days old. Now, we know that Arpi reads the Drudge Report because he has linked stories directly from it in the past. So it begs the question: Did Arpi just see the two day old story on Drudge (which is unlikely because he linked the Anniston/Pitt story from Drudge yesterday) or did he sit on the story and wonder to himself "should I? Should I? I think I'm going to. Yeah, I really need to post this" for the past couple days?

How can I be so sure that he reads Drudge? Well, I read Drudge daily, and I've noticed a pattern that many of the zany stories he posts are also stories Drudge posts. Not only that, but the exact same links are the ones that Drudge links. And even moreseo, well that picture of the guy is hosted on Drudge.
Arpikarhu Wrote:i have never worn a plastic bag, let alone taken a picture of myself in on. you make no sense.
You can relate to being old and lonely and trying cheap gimmicks to attain the acknowlegment of the youth to try and seem like you're still cool and not the creepy old guy.
a friend sent the link to the pic and story. it was coincidentaly from drudge though i do read drudge.
i have never agonized over whether or not to post something as alot of my posts attest to.

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1105238456
I made you self conscious to the point that you needed to edit your post and take out that travesty of grammar and logic you had there.
if the world was as delusional about your self worth as you are you would be king.
hey whats up blackie?

nothing much, how you been pot?
your hard on for me fills me with delight.
You really are so full of yourself, when you're the only other person posting at this hour, who else am I gonna reply to?

If luna was logged in right now i'd choose her over you.
there are a few of us also posting, unfortunately this board seems to die at 1AM
it's always slow on the weekends at night, except for the people who have nothing to do on a saturday night... I feel I have raised you wrong my boy.
it slower at night during the week, too. and i have no life right now because i'm still home from school and my best friend is working in the morning
you have friends?

I used to have those too ya know, yes I did!!!
Gonzo Wrote:You really are so full of yourself, when you're the only other person posting at this hour, who else am I gonna reply to?

If luna was logged in right now i'd choose her over you.
you would choose luna if god himself were online. thats how fucked you are.

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1105255923
Quote:you would choose luna if god himself were online. thats how fucked you are.

Edited by Arpikarhu on Jan. 09 2005,2:32 am
what the fuck are you talking about? I would choose luna over you because thats how much I can't stand you, YOU are the only person who would drive me to such desperate acts. Anyone else BUT you and i'd gladly interact with them, i'd take tenbats at this point.
Pages: 1 2