CDIH

Full Version: You ever start recording your voicemail and...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You're leaving someone a message and it was always a simple thing in the past with the audio tape answering machines, you had one shot and you're done. Now everyone has cell phones and voicemail and the telephone company allowed an evil feature that allows you to listen to the message you just left.

Atleast back in the day you left someone a message and you never heard it again, they played it and if you stuttered or sneezed or stumbled over words, hey thats what happens.

Now you find yourself using the feature, not all the time, once in a while though you press that number key and listen though. Then you hear yourself and even though you hear your voice all day long and have heard it all your life, you rarely hear it in that fashion... then you realize.. "holy shit I sound like a moron"

Then you figure, ok let me re-record that message again. You know where you fucked up cause you just listened to the message so you figure, "ok i'll do it once more and get it right". Next thing you know you've fucked up again and again and again, then you try to switch up the message content, before you know it you've recorded the message 36 times now. Now it becomes like the gag reel at the end of films, you're just doing take after take until it's an hour later and the person you called an hour ago is calling to say "hey, what the fuck, you called and didn't leave a message!!!"

The same goes for when you record the outgoing message thats on the voicemail.
only you, fatty
see, this is why i done leave messages on cell phones. i call, they dont pick up, i hang up and caller id tells them they missed my call

and for my own voicemail, i just do the thing where you say your name and an automated message does the rest
Arpikarhu Wrote:only you, fatty
See this is humor you can't relate to, you relate to the old guy in the plastic bag. You need to have friends and people who actually want to speak to you, in order to relate here.
ZZZIINNGGG!!
maybe he should use the number system to explain his fat joke.
Snappy comeback, couldn't come up with anything to retort because you couldn't see the keys past the tears... because the truth hurts.
Once when i was living with my brother we couldnt get cellphone reception in the house so i had to stand outside in the middle of winter and ended up doing that for a good 20 minutes.

Now i just do what fbgaskhjdaks said above and dont leave a message. Unless it's for school or appts.
I hate the sound of my own voice when I hear a recording, but everybody says that about themselves, so I don't care really.

Or maybe people are just trying to make me feel good about myself...

"Yeah I hate my voice too."

"But you don't sound bad."

"I sound bad, you don't."

I guess it's one of those things that we, as humans, haven't gotten used to. We've been looking at our reflections in the water for millions of years, so mirrors are no big deal. But hearing our own voices as others hear it is a recent phenomenon.

Just a thought...but no, I rarely re-record my voicemail.
I guess this goes on the list along with cum on the face.
I said i did it once too!

Gosh.
its not THAT bad...it just happens to be something some people dont do
there was a girl I used to work with when I was a broker who did that. The funny thing was that we were supposed to be making like 100 calls before 9:30, and she'd sit there and re-record the same message five times to every person. It was ridiculous.
a 100 calls by 9:30, what were you doing? cold calling, client contact, what kinda inhumane shit is that?
calling clients. Start calling at about 7:30 to 8. Each call (vast majority of the time was voicemail) was between 1 and 2 minutes long
i do what fghjksdkfdsaling does as well
small boys?
I try to sound sexy.
gonzo listens to the message he left for the same reason he re-reads his last post in a thread. to hear his own "greatness"
i didn't know you could do that. apparently i called this guy last night at 4am, i've been going back and forth on whether to call him or to just ignore his calls and hope he gets the message. thing is, i don't remember if i actually told him that or if i didn't leave a message at all. not that i want to know what i sound like at 4am. this whole cell phone thing is getting out of hand.
Pages: 1 2 3