CDIH

Full Version: College radio - Need suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i start my college radio show today and im still lost on what the fuck im going to do

if you were listening to a college radio station what songs would you want to listen to, ill take your suggestions and put them on a CD

they cant have curses in em though
d00d paly LiNkiN PaRk !!1!
What's the station and is it web-simulcast?

What, no theme to the show? Like songs about bad relationships or something?

What's the genre? Metal, Rock, Pop, Rap?

Don't play anything all the other stations are playing ad-naseum. Play B-sides, non-radio hits, etc. And how about some unsigned bands?
i can play any music i want just as long as its edited
its not on the web, it doesnt even go past the campus
if you wanna listen hang out in the cafeteria
Are you going to go "Pump Up the Volume" on us with pirate internet radio? :roflmao:

Hmmm...playlist...

Love,Hate,Love - Alice in Chains
Gallows Pole - Tool cover
Pour Some Sugar on Me - STP cover
Duke Nukem Theme - Megadeth
Matchstick Men - Ozzy with Type O Negative
Stone Cold Crazy - Metallica cover
What would you do - DMB with Blues Traveler
Born to be Wild - Ozzy with Mrs. Piggy Smile
as i said, ill take suggestions and burn them to a cd
i am musically retarded so i dunno what is good to play
So, how long is your shift? Do you have access to a computer in the studio? Will you take requests during the show?

Maybe if you send Sean a demo tape he'll put an internet radio channel on here and let you DJ the board. :lol:
Print out "Maynard's musical monstrosity: The last great music game." That aught to hold you for awhile. :roflmao:
its an hour long
no computer
and arthur, you really wont want to here the show im going to suck
You have permission to burn my songs to CD and play them on your show.....

Touch Me
thanks ant you be the best
just dont go telling everyone i said that
:loveya:
NaughtyAngel Wrote:its an hour long
no computer
and arthur, you really wont want to here the show im going to suck
If you go in expecting to suck, then you will suck.

First, play the music you enjoy. What do you put on the stereo or in the car? Forget about pleasing everybody else. Just play some stuff you enjoy. See what happens.

Second, just be yourself. Pretend your talking to your friends. Pretend it's not a radio mike, it's a PC mike and your on voice chat. Pretend your on the board or something, just talking instead of typing.

Third, RELAX!!!!! Have FUN!!!1
Keyser Soze Wrote:You have permission to burn my songs to CD and play them on your show.....

Touch Me
Ooo, can I do that too? The Tombstone Brawlers 2 songs. :loveya:
how about playing some lynch, or maybe "baby raper" or "the kkk song"
Ladi, the artwork on those promo posters is awesome.
I'm not sure who did the one for the show. But the opening art should be the singer. He tattoos too, and is like 6'7".
ween-spinal menengitis(sp?)
also, almost anything by zep, hendrix, stp, pumpkins, and chili peppers are always a safe bet