CDIH
Sopranos returning! - Hey paisan whatsa matta you -- excited? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sopranos returning! - Hey paisan whatsa matta you -- excited? (/showthread.php?tid=3358)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- PeterDragon - 12-02-2002

it wasn't bad - probably a 7. There is lots of stuff going on, but they Damn well better pay off something next episode. Once again, the coming attractions are misleading - you saw Paulie killing someone, but you would have thought it would have been someone more significant. That scene was somewhat funny, but not enough to make the episode.
------Warning - if you didn't see the episode yet, spoiler ahead.---------

Furio & Tony by the chopper had tension, but didn't pay off yet.

Silvio telling Paulie he is in trouble will lead to tension;
for the 2nd straight week they brought up the Russian from the Pine Barrens without anything further;
Carmine's son turning on Tony when Carmine mentions Tony was kinda like a son at one time, which leads to ripping up the restaurant (Yeah, the big unit was kinda funny), which seems to be leading to Johnny Sack looking like he is going to try and take over in NY;
Meadow (looking hotter & hotter) figuring out something was going on with Furio & Carmella,
Uncle Junior having guys go after a juror...

Still a lotta shit that can happen (and better happen) next week, although only 75 minutes.
Previews again tempting. Christopher? someone getting whacked? Melfi back?
what about the FBI?
This show better pay off if they want to hold you for the 6-12 mos till next season.

- Maynard - 12-02-2002

Excellent episode.

But what I'm curious about is...why the fuck did they do an hour and 15 minute last episode? They couldnt find 15 more minutes of film to use up that half hour? How fuckin lame.

- Hybrid - 12-02-2002

this was a really boring season

- Galt - 12-02-2002

So a local TV station is having a giveaway of like $500 bucks for anyone who can "guess" the ending of the show and who will get whacked and stuff.

So you guys with your connections, do your dardest and win me some bean.

- PatCooper - 12-02-2002

My guess is it's gonna be Johnny Sack getting wacked next week. Paulie realizes that Sack is fucking with him this whole time. So he gets little Paulie too kill him.
This weeks was really good. I didnt think it was boring at all. It was funny. It had a killing. Meadow!! And Tony almost got killed by his man.

- Hybrid - 12-09-2002

[Image: comicbookguyworstseasonever.jpg]

- GonzoStyle - 12-09-2002

This was fuckin horrible, who gets killed? No one. What changed little to nothing. Ok to some people the seperation may seem like a big deal and it kinda is. For a minute I got all caught up in it especially when tony finally left. Then I thought "that's it?". This was such a waste this entire season, it builds up to someone getting killed and then no one gets killed. It was like a bad movie with a couple super scenes and nothing more. There wasn't a single great episode, there were just good small parts to some episodes. The whole johnny sack fat wife joke was stupid and a waste. The whole baccala and tonys sister getting together was boring as fuck. Christopher was the saving grace this season, he basically carried the whole season along with Tony. Sil and Paulies parts were significantly cut and I don't know why.

Basically too much build up with no pay off and the key players who made it work for 3 seasons before have been cut off.

- Keyser Soze - 12-09-2002

i think johnny rotten said it best:

ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

- PeterDragon - 12-09-2002

Quote:Basically too much build up with no pay off
Abso-fuckin'-loutly

I kept defending the show "wait until next week - they'll finally wrap things up"
This season ender wasn't even as good as the last 2 weeks.
Tony movin' out - that is the big news?

too dissapointing.
(unfortunately I'll probably get suckered back in the 9 mos or so until they start the last season) Confuseduicide:

- Mad - 12-09-2002

The only good thing about this episode was the moolies getting whacked.

That season was a waste of time.

Don't get me wrong I love the show, I just love seeing gandolfini and several other characters. The thing is when you know the greatness something can trully achieve you expect nothing less from it. Like a band that puts out 6 great albums then just rushes through one just to put one out, sure you'll buy it or download it cause you know they are great and while it may be good true fans know they can do better.

Same with sopranos while it's still enjoyable to some degree you know they can do better. Especially with the duration of time they have to film the show and it is only 13 episodes.

That is also why I am not gonna be sad when the show ends which will probably be next season. I rather see it go out at its best then stick around for shitty reasons and have shitty episodes. Kinda like the athlete who doesn't know when to retire, better to see them go out on top.

Hopefully they will rebound next season, they must know they didn't do a good job or they will know by the fans reactions. Hopefully that will spur them to make a super season and end it off with a bang. They have several major story lines to work with like johnny sack and tony at the cross roads, tony and carmella splitting, christophers rise to power, paulie, uncle junior, etc.

- Keyser Soze - 12-09-2002

i heard they are going to do a movie after the HBO series is over.

I heard about that and I think it is a horrible idea, I mean basically break it down like this.

It's not like it's a network show and is held by any boundaries like you can't show violence or curse or anything. You get 13 one hour episodes a season so thats 13 hours basically over a 4 year period now.

What can they do in a 2 or even 3 hour movie that will surprise us when they can't handle it on TV? We have been through them through every little tidbit, what can they possibly do?

- x-file - 12-09-2002

waste waste waste waste waste waste waste....serioulsy, this was a waste.

To even find out what the next season will be like, its gonna be like what another 2 years for new episodes?

- LZMF1 - 12-09-2002

oh dear lord what a fucking waste of time that was!!
total snoozefest
i would have had a more entertaining time clipping my toenails.

- drusilla - 12-09-2002

maynard has cool sigs

- Teenweek - 12-09-2002

I was hoping the guy who sold tony the house would get a sniper shot to the back. the arguing scenes between carmela and tony were pretty good and the killing of the moolies. the rest sucked. was paulie on the show for like 30 seconds.

- FAST FREDDY - 12-09-2002

Hybrid got it right...worst season, ever!

'nuff said.

:fart:

- Maynard - 12-09-2002

Personally I liked the season alot. Sure, it didn't have people getting killed every 5 minutes, but I still thought it was well written and well acted. They are EXCELLENT at building tension. AND, they get your anticipation up for the next episode.

Did ANY of you walk away from an episode NOT wanting to see what would happen the next week? I know I didn't.

Quote:Did ANY of you walk away from an episode NOT wanting to see what would happen the next week? I know I didn't.

Yes but only cause we had that glimmer of hope that next week would be better that they would somehow tie everything up in an exciting way, which never happened. They used the fact that people knew how great the show was and that people knew that they wouldn't let it end this way cause we know the level of greatness this show has achieved to just let it end so poorly. Yet it did end poorly with little to no major impact other than tony moving out. Ohh big surprise tony left melfi yet again, come on.

The only saving grace this entire season was Imperoli and Gandolfini's acting. Like I said the major players who made it work all along were cut off for some reason, where were silvio and paulies parts this season? Who gives a fuck about baccala's wife dying and that whole shit with him and tony's sister?

It was an entertaining show but it fell way off from it's elite standings in my book and many others. It lost what set it apart from almost every other show on television, it went from being the best show out there to just another decent show to watch.

You say that people didn't shut it off but how many times have you started to watch some shitty movie that you just had to finish cause you needed to know what the fuck happened? Didn't make it a good movie, it was just your morbid curiosity.