CDIH
election aftermath - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: election aftermath (/showthread.php?tid=9609)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- The Sleeper - 11-04-2004

sorry, I should've spent the time writing an incoherent rant about how everyone is dumb and apathetic and doesn't know anything about politics except me cause that's way more important.

- GonzoStyle - 11-04-2004

hey if you got up and voted and felt you made a difference then more power to you, I am not saying don't vote but this election and any close election breaks down to 8 states or so. You know theres no way bush was gonna win NY or CA and it wasnt even close in either state.

I'm sorry for being ignorant, oh please forgive me.

But posting a rant on the internet and voting for nader accomplished about the same thing.

Well by your logic, voting for kerry would've accomplished as much as voting for nader, yet you said voting for nader would've made even less difference. I would never wake up at 5:30 to do something that I thought was a waste. Nader got about 1/3 of his votes from NY. It's important for me to support someone outside of the two-party system and I thought it was important for any voter in a safe state to show that the democrats don't deserve your vote by default.

haha I pushed your button!!!!

SCORE!

nice one. sleeper 5454354 gonzo 1

fuckin awesome, I can now see why you do it.

- The Jays - 11-04-2004

Quote:Wall Street is selling like madmen based on the initial exit polls that are coming out. Looks like Kerry is ahead in Florida, Ohio, Penn, pretty much all the swing states.

Hmm. Any connection between the enormously wrong exit poll data and the selling?

I'm still all giddy for pushing sleepers buttons, its such an awesome feeling.

- The Jays - 11-04-2004

Quote:The Daily Mirror: A large pic of Bush with this caption: “How can 59,054,087 be so dumb!”

yeah its a global feeling especially, all the french were in a tizzy and saying how can americans be so dumb. They also have now assumed that the majority of america agrees with Bush's views on foreign policy, ofcourse agree or not fuck the french and everyone else, we're still heads above them all and I wouldnt wanna live nowhere else.

- drusilla - 11-04-2004

i got this from someone today:

Dear all the backward white people in central/southern USA,

I understand you all voted for President Bush in yesterday's election. I myself voted for John Kerry. Although Kerry sucks too, I had the brain to realize that Bush's drive to remove the right to abortion, ignore gay people's rights (in the same way that we ignored black people's rights a little over 50 years ago - remember that?), screw the economy, poop on the environment, probably get us all blown up, and be an ignorant, hateful, ally-dumping asshole was grounds enough to vote against him. But you did not. Thanks for fucking us over, again.

Sincerely,

Your friend from NY, MA, CA, or anywhere else where educated people can be found.

anyone who sits down to write a political statement intended for the masses should really crack open a thesaurus and look for an alternate word for "poop", especially if he/she wants to be taken seriously.

- drusilla - 11-04-2004

i never said it was from someone intelligent

Oh no don't get me wrong, I wasn't inferring that you said that it was just an observation of how silly that part of the sentence was.

- IrishAlkey - 11-04-2004

I found that letter to be on point and highly insiteful.

- Arpikarhu - 11-04-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:haha I pushed your button!!!!

SCORE!
this is so kid A its disgraceful

- drusilla - 11-04-2004

& that was coming from a "non voter"

Arpikarhu Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:haha I pushed your button!!!!

SCORE!
this is so kid A its disgraceful
I was waiting for you to say this, your reply was so painfully obvious it's just painful.

I won't even argue with you.

- Arpikarhu - 11-04-2004

ooh, i guess you got me there.

just plain sad.

Glad to see you finally see the light, you trully are sad.

Just cause you don't get the reference you have to assume and think you are so much smarter than everyone else, I hope your pee pee falls off!!