CDIH
Yeah i'm at work - ....you? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Yeah i'm at work - ....you? (/showthread.php?tid=5241)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- Luna - 02-10-2003

Quote:I'm going for hypnosis on 2/19 to quit. I'll let you know how it works.
I tried that once. It didn't work for me. You have to really, really, really want to quit.

I'm seriously considering trying "Zyban" to quit smoking. My first attempt to quit smoking cold turkey only lasted 1 day. :disappointed:

- Hey Ladi - 02-10-2003

I heard you get wicked nightmare with the non-smoking drugs, though I really don't know if it's all or just one kind

- Luna - 02-10-2003

That could be true, because Zyban is just a renamed anti-depressant (wellbutrin). It pinpoints the neuro-hormones in the brain that are responsible for addictions and addictive behavior.

- Spitfire - 02-10-2003

They have that new Quest system where there's 3 steps, with 3 types of cigarettes with reduced amount of nicotine in each type til you're smoking nicotine-free cigarettes (grown by Amish) which may make it easier to quit. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.questcigs.com/">http://www.questcigs.com/</a><!-- m -->

I just switched to American Spirits with no additives; they don't make my throat tingle afte smoking them like the other cigs. I feel healthier already Confusedmokey: And I've cut down to 2 packs per week.

- Luna - 02-10-2003

Quote:I just switched to American Spirits with no additives; they don't make my throat tingle afte smoking them like the other cigs.
What do they taste like and what did you smoke before you switched, Spit?

- Hey Ladi - 02-10-2003

i tried Winston once, no additives either they say, but they hurt more than the Marlboro Ultralight I have now. I was on Lights, but after a whole pack in a night out, my throat (& lungs) was rough. American Spirits in every store?

- Spitfire - 02-10-2003

I smoked Parliament lights. I guess Amer Spirits taste as close to pure tobacco as they can and burn very slowly. No ammonia, nitrates, etc. (up to 99 additives in many brands) It's not safe, I mean when when you smoke anything, you'll still inhale tar and carbon monoxide. But these are better for you (total oxymoron I suppose)

Ladi, they're kinda hard to get, only in certain stores. They offer a free carton if you do a consumer study (I'm going to try to call the number and see if it works) They're also a little bit more expensive than regular cigs (5.25-5.50 a pack)

Edited By Spitfire on 1044895102

- LyricalGomez - 02-10-2003

I'm at home in my jammies again

Still had class this morning, but my boss told me to not worry about work and just kick back today :bouncer:

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-10-2003

My office is open as usual (but the snow isn't bad), I'm hoping my school will freak out as usual and cancel classes. I don't feel like moving. I should've called in sick.

- Metalfan - 02-10-2003

my office never closes :disappointed:

school? what's school....oh yeah, i is graduated :bouncer:

Quote:school? what's school....oh yeah, i is graduated
May 22....I can't wait. :bouncer: Only thing that scares me is finding a job and paying off my education. :crackhead:

- Hey Ladi - 02-10-2003

don't worry, it'll all turn out ok, I'm sure you're more than qualified

& for that pesky loan crap, it'll give you a credit rating
I don't even pay mine on time & I still had a lovely rating when I went for my car

I'm qualified, but the job market is terrible. Although there's a need for my field, there are hiring freezes in districts through out the country. I think my biggest fear right now is being someone's receptionist/secretary.

As for my loans, I have a six month grace period between graduation and my first payment, but by then I'm going to enroll in a graduate program, so I'm at least a year and a half away from loan payments, but what sucks is that when I'm done with my education, I'll be $100k or so in the hole.

- Metalfan - 02-10-2003

do what i did....find a company towork for that will pay for graduate school :thumbs-up:

I want to work for the federal government, it aint happening.

- Metalfan - 02-10-2003

Just a slave to da man, ain't ya?

But..but...they're going to give me a gun! :bouncer:

- Mad - 02-10-2003

Oh boy, just what we need a PMSing chick with a gun.

:-o

- DGW - 02-10-2003

Quote:But..but...they're going to give me a gun!
one of my best friends just became a police officer
when i was called and asked if I felt if he was a responsible enogh to carry a gun i almost said no
i obviously would never have done that
he was the craziest mfer i ever knew
i can already see him practicing in front of his mirror playing quick draw

In the field I'm going into, you're not even allowed to draw your weapon unless you're life is being directly threatened. No one I know in the field has ever drawn their weapon, I don't plan on being the first. :thumbs-up: