CDIH
24 the new season - Starts tonight 10/29 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 24 the new season - Starts tonight 10/29 (/showthread.php?tid=4023)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- QuickStop - 03-05-2003

who thinks jack dies? i just cant tell at this point...isnt there a few more episodes left?

- LyricalGomez - 03-05-2003

If Jack dies Vic definetly wins

- Mad - 03-05-2003

Hell no. Vic will always be a punk ass little bitch to God Jack.

- LyricalGomez - 03-05-2003

Not if he's dead

VIC WINS AGAIN

- Mad - 03-05-2003

:burnfucker:

You can't kill a God.

- QuickStop - 03-05-2003

holy shit...that was crazy

- Mad - 03-05-2003

:thumbs-up:

- Teenweek - 03-05-2003

Great episode. Kim was actually interesting as the grieving daughter. This was a very sad episode with Jack telling Kim he is flying the plane and he is not coming back and Mason flying the plane and letting Jack live.

To Mason. :toast:

And in 3 weeks, we prepare for War baby!

- Metalfan - 03-05-2003

I have to say that as a father, just watching Jack talk to Kim was tough for me to watch. I could never have kept it together as well as he did under those circumstances. Great fucking acting on both of their parts last night.

I agree....kudos to Mason for being a mensch in his final moments and giving Jack a chance to make things right for himself. :toast:

Now, that being said....that must have been a relatively small bomb for Jack to me at most 15 miles away from point of impact and walk away unscathed Rolleyes

- Teenweek - 03-05-2003

Quote:Now, that being said....that must have been a relatively small bomb for Jack to me at most 15 miles away from point of impact and walk away unscathed

I read this on the 24 message board.

It sounds plausible enough to me.

Quote:The estimated area on flat land was 100 square miles, which translates to roughly a 5.6 mile radius. This would be smaller in a depressed area. If a plane's going at 100 miles an hour and Jack jumps off 4 minutes before detonation, and the final 90 seconds was at 30° declination (multiply 100 miles per hour by the cos of 30°), we have an average speed of 95 miles per hour, which would put Jack a little over 6.3 miles away from Ground Zero.

- FollowThisLogic - 03-05-2003

Sounds about right.

The bomb yield was supposedly 10 kilotons. Keep in mind that Hiroshima was 12 kilotons, and I don't think it even incinerated 6 miles away, only 1 or 2. Plus, it was detonated in the air.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 03-05-2003

whoever figured that out, is the biggest nerd ever

- Teenweek - 03-05-2003

Quote:whoever figured that out, is the biggest nerd ever

I'm not disagreeing. :thumbs-up:

- Ken'sPen - 03-05-2003

stupid episode......

anyone buying the "we need to pilot it in because we need to hit a specific target"? bullshit, what they couldn't have a military jet there in minutes? Wouldn't the time waiting for it to arrive be saved with the speed it could fly versus the prop job?

Did anyone not know whats his nuts was hiding in the back of the plane?

NOOOOOOOOOO..... they coudln't get a jet there,
but they will have a helicopter there in two minutes...
stupid shit.

- Teenweek - 03-05-2003

Does anyone remember exactly what Kim said, when she jumped out of the SUV. She said something like it doesn't matter anymore. Did she mean because the bomb is out of LA so she does not have to get out or that her father was going to die so because she has no more family, she does not care whether she gets nuked or not.

Is their any chance they might do a suicide angle or something that will drive her over the edge with her thinking her father is dead. Figure the first 13 episodes she was a complete waste, this could be a good storyline on how she grieves for her father, not knowing he is alive.

- Metalfan - 03-05-2003

Maybe she turns into a dirty girl and starts banging everyone she sees :thumbs-up:

- Ken'sPen - 03-05-2003

like in old school.

- Suzie - 03-05-2003

Who called Mason flying the plane? I CALLED IT! That was one fine hour of television. When Kim told Jack she was proud of him, I lost it.
Why do we have to wait 3 weeks for the next one? Schwag.

- Teenweek - 03-06-2003

Just like sitcoms have repeats 24 has to take a couple weeks off to make it to the end of may sweeps. This is the last break and than it goes straight through to the finale on May 20th.

- Metalfan - 03-06-2003

Quote:what they couldn't have a military jet there in minutes?

OK there slapass, before your panties get wadded up your bunghole for good, consider this. They were at a small airport which appeared to service small single engined planes such as Cessnas and that type. Would you care to tell me how a military pilot was gonna have enough room on one of those mini runways to land a fighter jet and then take off again? Huh....genius....got an answer for that one?

Well, I'm waiting! Confusedneak:

Pfft......didn't think so