CDIH
Predict the future of oa.com - Come on nostradami - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Predict the future of oa.com - Come on nostradami (/showthread.php?tid=854)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- Gooch - 03-22-2002

Galt Wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote:EDIT: The big annoucement picture was fucking hilarious, bra-fucking-vo.
Yeah, I like how FoundryMusic Jeff was in it, but I wasn't. Despite that, yet another award winning Gooch production.

Or am I the one hugging Anthony?
jeff was in there to be "lil inside joke"...it's no honor, i assure you.

i couldn't find a pic of you in time...i need to catch a train. You were on my mind to put in there, but I had to cut time. A few others were supposed to have been in there too...including "roger" who was supposed to be huggin Ant.

But, thanks y'all. I love throwin' a curveball into the "big announcement" expectation.

- Keyser Soze - 03-22-2002

< conspiracy theory > The Big Annoucement is another TOG. There is no big announcement, its all a ploy to keep people staying tuned to see what the big announcement is. At least thats what AM told me. < /conspiracy theory >

Edited By Keyser Soze on Mar. 21 2002 at 10:05

- Cunt-Twat - 03-22-2002

keyser, you've been postin almost every other post in here, get a life.

i wouldnt want to disappoint you

Edited By Keyser Soze on Mar. 21 2002 at 10:05

- Cunt-Twat - 03-22-2002

gee thanks

- Sephiroth - 03-22-2002

At least turn off your goddamn Sig if you're gonna post so often in One thread.

- Brokenjaw - 03-22-2002

Sephiroth Wrote:At least turn off your goddamn Sig if you're gonna post so often in One thread.
damn it, I hate when Sep talks all mod and stuff. :roflmao:

- Rookie - 03-22-2002

Quote:But, thanks y'all. I love throwin' a curveball into the "big announcement" expectation.

Yeah, sure... We know it's just a diversion from the fact that there is no announcement... Because even though your name doesn't move anymore, we know you still work for THE MAN... :poison: :poison: :poison:

- Rookie - 03-22-2002

Here it is for those who don't feel like going over there...

Froy:
Quote:I’m sorry if some of you find this to be somewhat anti-climactic, but the thread Anthony posted this morning was as much a surprise to me as anyone. His post changed things, and at least delayed the original announcements that I was ready to make on Tuesday night. I know that it’s been a confusing and tense week, I have not been intentionally trying to lead you on or shirk any of your questions and doubts, but everything seems to change by the minute.

I apologize for being vague, but before I make my public the plans that were formulated on Tuesday, Anthony & I have to discuss a few things. I say this only so that you can keep in mind that there are other major site decisions that are in the works but are contingent upon our open conversation. I have no timeframe on that, when Anthony gets back to me, and we settle matters, you will be immediately informed.

This site has changed greatly not only since its birth nearly two years ago, but in dramatic respects during the last six months. We will be making progress and taking steps to develop the site in response to some of those changes, and to allow us to start fresh. Here is what will be taking place almost immediately…

1. The site will be receiving a complete makeover. New colors, buttons, logo, etc. are all in the works and will be instituted as quickly as the design can be made.

2. In addition to the site redesign, there will be changes in the forums themselves. South Park will be erased before the weekend. Fight Club will be re-modeled. And other plans are being discussed for adding/removing other boards.

3. All member statuses will be erased. This does not mean statuses will be disabled, but that everyone will be given the opportunity to start over.

4. In our attempt to start anew, all members who have been banned are welcome to return to the site on a case-by-case basis. Any member who has been banned and wishes to start clean, can contact any moderator or myself and their name will be discussed by the moderators as a group.

As I said, there will be future changes, and there are other matters in the works, I hope to be able to speak of what I originally intended within the next few days. At that time I will go into greater depth about the more recent events and what it has been leading up to. Again I apologize if this all has an incomplete feel. But it seemed better to at least inform you partially than to keep waiting until I could explain everything.

It’s time for some changes, some minor and some drastic. The mods & I have been conversing openly about a lot of new ideas. We are not trying to re-visit any glory days, but we want to give the site a more relaxed atmosphere. We are working together as a group to once again bring a sense of community to this site.

- Gooch - 03-22-2002

And here's my little point in this whole matter:

Quote:OK..here's my take:

There are two...TWO...things going on here...and both of them have created this building tension.

#1: Our voices - Once the show took attention to this site, and began interacting with those here, this board began to become a voicebox of fans of the show. Lo and behold, though, to be heard and noticed, we began to get hypercritical of everything, and starting to speak on a more and more frequent basis with a shrill grating tone that only alienated us even further from their ears. Imagine a Stephanie MacMahon like shrill screaming voice, but as if she was a crack whore. And, they began to turn away. But, we didn't stop there...we become even MORE hypercritical, pouncing on everything they did, and our voices becoming even more shrill in some seemingly pathetical annoying cacophony of what they construed as no longer fans...but now backseat show-drivers and critics. We totally alienated the show that most of us came here originally to celebrate and be a part of. And, we were creating a further rift, finally coming to a breaking point.

#2: Their ears - One of the new things that all celebrities are dealing with these days is the infiltration of their fans into their lives. Not paparazzi or reporters...but regular fans creating feedback, websites, pics and so on. No longer are their fan clubs, or just showing up at a show or two. Now, they can create a space on the web and live day by day with them. Now, to Opie & Anthony, this board was new, exciting...exhilirating. But, along with that came the seamier side of that coin...that they would take their fans voices to heart, and try to please their fanbase. But, they started to let these voices affect their views on their show and what they do on a day by day basis. It started to bother them...especially when they nitpicked on every negative aspect. They felt like they could do no good. Suddenly these fans became enemies. And these voices got louder and shriller, till finally they got fed up.

Now...this is what I see in play to this whole situation. There is no wrong or right...it simply the symbiotic relationship that exists. Anthony doesn't want to be pissed off at us. And we don't want to be pissed at them. We need to step away from the smaller skirmish and see the bigger picture. Do you want to exist at a site that is here to be a fansite messageboard, and be loathed by the show itself??? Do you think Anthony wants to come and be welcome to a site that nitpicks their every fuckin move???

The problem with the "new media" is there needs to be a compromise in attituides and the way we carry ourselves. We affect the show...anyone can see that. And the show affects us. What you all must ask yourself is WHAT ARE YOU HERE FOR. You need to ask ourself if you are going to sit on a fuckin hill and lob stones...well you are not welcome by the show, and ultimately, my guess is, you are not going to be welcome here. And maybe you don't belong here, b/c perhaps you've forgotten your place as a FAN. That's right folks...you are all just fans. You are not unique snowflakes and junior proudcers and radio personalities. If that's your deal, then you should be trying to attain those dreams rather than shooting down the show you listen to.

Now we all can say...well, why are they letting us get to them?!?!?!

Look at the title of this board. The name on the website. It IS about them. And if it has become about something else...well, perhaps you should question why you are here.

Utlimately, the show must come to the realization that we are fans, and take our voice with a grain of salt...not use it to salt wounds. But moreover, we need to understand how we look and present ourselves, and how we are perceived. Because, it isn't up to them to change...it's up to us.

That my take on it anyway. I hope I made some sense

Neither Froy nor Gooch's post address the real problem.

Free expression.

Thats what this place has in spades and that place seriously lacks.

Statuses, look of the website, South Park, are not the problem. You could have been reinstated before, thats not a new policy.

Gooch, I respectfully disagree. People should post their opinions of the show without worrying if they're pissing anyone off. Your opinion is a well developed one but I don't think you should tell people how to feel. If they feel like they want to criticize the show, they shouldn't have to take anything into consideration.

- Gooch - 03-22-2002

i not asking for them not to have opinion...but they need to be aware of this "relationship" between board and show. If those don't find they fit that mold of being on a fan-site...there are some great places for them to go....

hence here.

What I am saying is that those who have grown beyond those confines should take a look about leaving...b/c opieanthony.com will ALWAYs exist as their fan-site...whether you or anyone else likes it or not. It's froy's board, that what he wants, and that's what it will be. People have to stop trying to make it something that it is't.

- Maynard - 03-22-2002

You can change all the icons and colors you want. You can add and delete forums left and right. You can even start over with all new members. But that's not addressing the one main problem over there. The reason myself and many others left. The management. Once that changes (either staff or policy), then the site will fall back into the same rutt. I also don't like the way mods are treated over there. They are not gods, yet some people treat them that way. The thing I like about this site is that in fact, the mods take just as big a beating if not more than the rest of the members. People are just people here. No one's better, no one's worse (except keyser Wink)

- Cunt-Twat - 03-22-2002

hey keyser, once the new board goes up, you can rejoin it, i bet you can't wait.

I'm soooooo there.

- Cunt-Twat - 03-22-2002

Quote:I'm soooooo there.
we know!!!

Seriously, I won't be returning unless the issues that Maynard, myself, and Arthur brought up are addressed. I'm sure they will be really broken up about that. Theres no reason for me to return when I have everything I want in a message board here. The best posters in a free enviorment with ubercool moderators. Who could ask for anything more?

- Cunt-Twat - 03-22-2002

Quote:Seriously, I won't be returning unless the issues that Maynard, myself, and Arthur brought up are addressed. I'm sure they will be really broken up about that. Theres no reason for me to return when I have everything I want in a message board here
for someone who claims not to care, you sure do a lot of bitchin about the site. if your really didn't care, you would let it go.

- Maynard - 03-22-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:Seriously, I won't be returning unless the issues that Maynard, myself, and Arthur brought up are addressed. I'm sure they will be really broken up about that. Theres no reason for me to return when I have everything I want in a message board here. The best posters in a free enviorment with ubercool moderators. Who could ask for anything more?
Kiss ass. :lol:

care (kâr) - To be concerned or interested: Once inside, we didn't care whether it rained or not.

I guess I do care, its an interesting topic and whoa, look at that, its the TOPIC of this thread. Whoops, my bad.