CDIH
Predict the future of oa.com - Come on nostradami - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Predict the future of oa.com - Come on nostradami (/showthread.php?tid=854)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- Galt - 03-22-2002

Alright, so which one of you is Boodadude?

- boodadude - 03-22-2002

That would be me and as long as I'm gonna burn all the bridges FUCK YOU KESER you self rightious prick full of bravado and no balls. You Spout and spout and back nothing up like a whiney little cunt. BOO HOO they don't like me. "one time they said" BLAH BLAH BLAH.
FUCK YOU I POST THERE I POST HERE. I mostly lurk because people like you have nothing to say that is worth a response.

Edited By boodadude on Mar. 22 2002 at 12:30

- Galt - 03-22-2002

I ummm wasn't talking to you.

Hey, look over there!!!

:runs away

- YellowDiscipline - 03-22-2002

Quote:That comment reaks of someone shell shocked from worry about what they had to post over at that other place. The poor guy feels like he has to explain his intentions for posing a question.

If you had half a fucking clue you would know I did the exact opposite and got banned for it (Although I just got unbanned). I didn't feel the need to explain shit, I just WANTED to make it clear that I was not comlaining about the editing, because the editing does not bother me.

Quote:Fuck off. It's your fault I got deleted anyway.

LMAO!! aaawww....and don't think I don't appreciate it.

::hugs and kisses:: Bestest friends?

- Keyser Soze - 03-22-2002

boodadude Wrote:That would be me and as long as I'm gonna burn all the bridges FUCK YOU KESER you self rightious prick full of bravado and no balls. You Spout and spout and back nothing up like a whiney little cunt. BOO HOO they don't like me. "one time they said" BLAH BLAH BLAH.
FUCK YOU I POST THERE I POST HERE. I mostly lurk because people like you have nothing to say that is worth a response.
I love you too.

Yellow, it was a joke pal. I know you got deleted for not playing by the rules. Its all good.

- Maynard - 03-22-2002

Actually you guys are all wrong. I asked Froy to delete Yellow and Oaawite.
:fuggin:

- Galt - 03-22-2002

Maynard Wrote:Actually you guys are all wrong. I asked Froy to delete Yellow and Oaawite.
Then who the fuck deleted Gonzo, and why was YD only banned instead of deleted?

Why does Froy only do what you tell him when it concerns me?

- Maynard - 03-22-2002

Galt Wrote:
Maynard Wrote:Actually you guys are all wrong. I asked Froy to delete Yellow and Oaawite.
Then who the fuck deleted Gonzo, and why was YD only banned instead of deleted?

Why does Froy only do what you tell him when it concerns me?
Because I have the power! :fuggin:

- Galt - 03-22-2002

Maynard Wrote:Because I have the power! :fuggin:
If I was a faggot-ass like Arpi, you'd be on my "list".

- Lord Magus - 03-22-2002

Quote:The reason myself and many others left. The management. Once that changes (either staff or policy), then the site will fall back into the same rutt. I also don't like the way mods are treated over there. They are not gods, yet some people treat them that way.

OK.. I was seriously not even going to POST in this thread, because a good portion of the people who are on this site are here because they got sick of OA.com... and I can respect that.. but I am sick and tired of these generic "management" accusations (and maynard, I'm not singling you out, your post was just the one I grabbed because it had both points I want to address)
I can't speak for any other members of OA.com "management" who are members here.. but did it ever occur to ANY of you that maybe, just MAYBE, people who have a whole SITE constantly complaining about their actions just MIGHT want to be able to go somewhere to get away from those complaints for a while? And they go to a place where they at least THINK a few of the people appreciate their posting, if not like them, and get back-handed comments like this?
I'm fairly certain none of you would appreciate it, I KNOW I don't. If you don't like me, FINE, than SAY SO, don't pretend to be my friend. If it's not me you have a problem with, DON'T INCLUDE ME IN YOUR COMPLAINTS.. because when you say "management" you indicate and accuse ALL of us, Me, Slash, Faceman, Virgingrrl, Buttmunch, Gonzostyle, Froy, Joey, Flock, Fez, FTL, FN, Vin.. ALL of us.. if you MEAN all of us, then at least be up front about it, instead of these vague "The management" "the higher ups" lines you use. (Granted, you COULD mean all of us and I'm just hoping people had a better opinion of me, or I'm at least hoping those people who are always nice to me aren't being two-faced)
I mean, at least I KNOW Keyser can't stand me as a mod, and at least he KNOWS I think he's an utter idiotic prick when he get's anti-establishment bitchy like he is in this thread. but BECAUSE we both know what our opinions of each other were in certain situations, we were able to joke about it..
I mean, yeah, I'm a paranoid fuck, but right now I'm seeing people, who I thought at least TOLERATED me, lobbing hand grenades in my general direction and I have no clue if they're being thrown at me or somebody standing near me... wouldn't YOU want to know?

And my other point.. I'm also sick of this whole "Mods as Gods" complaint.. if I'm a quasi religious figure on OA.com, I want to be IMMEDIATELY excommunicated. I mean, for holy fucks sake, I take more shit on that site than DanaDillon and Mavric COMBINED!! hell.. people who haven't been ON that site for months still get more respect than I do. Do i care? Not particularly.. but I honestly can't see how someone can look at how I'm treated and claim people treat me like a "god".

OK.. go back to your speculation, OA.com bashing and defending, I will TRY not to intrude on this thread again (no garuntees, but I'll try), I just got really frustrated and had to get that off my chest.

edit... god damned late night typos!!

Edited By Lord Magus on Mar. 22 2002 at 02:08

- fbd - 03-22-2002

Lord Magus Wrote:I mean, for holy fucks sake, I take more shit on that site than DanaDillon and Mavric COMBINED!! hell.. people who haven't been ON that site for months still get more respect than I do.
yes...yes you do.but with you, a fairly good portion(i'd say 95% of the times regular members give you shit) is all in fun, becuase you are a punchingbag...people ssay stuff, you just let it roll offf your back and move on, and you know damn well we're just joking, usually.

- Lord Magus - 03-22-2002

ok.. this is just something i couldn't resist.. heh heh..

FBD's avatar would KICK SEPH'S ASS!!!!!!!

heh heh heh heh

- fbd - 03-22-2002

but kefka could still kick mine's ass

- Arthur Dent - 03-22-2002

I agree with Magus that not all the OA mods are a problem. Like Seph has said, Froy sets up policy and they have to follow it or stop being a mod. That simple.

One thing I did see when I visited the site yesterday was Follow This Logic ban someone for disagreeing and arguing about it. Exactly the kind of bullshit we've been talking about and I called him on it in my post.

And to respond to Gooch, I ALMOST agree with him. There was a lot of "band wagon jumping" going on in the bash-the-show department. There's a difference between criticizing the show and just bashing it.

Saying you didn't like a bit and why is criticism and should ALWAYS be acceptable.

Saying the show today was utter shit and just going on a rant is bashing.

In the end, it's a matter of thinking about what your posting and thinking for yourself, not just agreeing with everybody else (wether your agreeing with a compliment or a criticism).

And I was happy to see that there were current members over there who were willing to stand up and say their piece. They kept it short, simple, and often vague, but they said it.

- Cunt-Twat - 03-22-2002

Quote:Because I have the power! :fuggin:
that's cuz you're :moonie: :blow: :fucking: :loveya: a mod!!

- Spitfire - 03-22-2002

:loveya: MagNus ...

I usually stay out of this stuff...I can see both sides to every story and I guess that's a good thing to do, but it makes it difficult to take sides. I stopped posting on oa.com because I wasn't having any fun anymore. The deletions, the politics, the drama...plus I can't handle more than one message board at a time or I'd get fired. :lol: though I am lurking again, just because it's so goddamn interesting....

I understand it's a fan site, but maybe it shouldn't be anymore, because the board has changed to more of a community....it doesn't revolve around the show anymore. And people don't like and do not want to censor themselves, and I don't think they should have to, especially when it's related to just a name the host happens to not like...Keeping personal stuff out of it is understandable, but telling people not to criticize the oa as much anymore so that the site can get back into the show's favor is wrong. People will probably start posting more shit to rile everthing up, and then this will all happen again.

I guess all this stuff has been said before, I agree with all of Dent said

- GonzoStyle - 03-22-2002

I will just say that the announcement made was not what I expected but we will see what happens. There's so much to the story I dunno where to start or begin, which way is up or left or right.

More important, why care? If you left here for there or vice versa. You get a second chance yet you never learn from your original mistakes. Rebirth is a blessing when you can remember your past. Well remember what you hated there and stop doing it here is all I can say. I am not posting much here nor there cause I am stuck in a rut and also I have some shit goin on in my personal life which is quite disturbing,, hard to deal with and just nerve racking.

But my advice is that if you come here to have fun then do so, if you come here to get on a soap box then become a politician, if you come here to cause argumenst, problems & drama then go back to OA.com or RF.net.

- Cunt-Twat - 03-22-2002

Quote:also I have some shit goin on in my personal life which is quite disturbing,,
there's a shock!!

- GonzoStyle - 03-22-2002

Cunt-Twat Wrote:
Quote:also I have some shit goin on in my personal life which is quite disturbing,,
there's a shock!!
Something up your ass lately?

- Sean Cold - 03-22-2002

GonzoStyle Wrote:Something up your ass lately?
Isn't me, I swear, I am a good boy!