CDIH
Gay Marriage - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Gay Marriage (/showthread.php?tid=8556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- The Jays - 02-20-2004

Black Lazerus Wrote:
Quote:Besides, being a member of a political party does not automatically force a member of a Congress to vote a certain way. A member of Congress votes in a manner that he feels represents the will of the people.
:rofl:
if you honestly believe that then you are naive.
If you don't believe that, then why the fuck do you bother voting, and what does it matter?

- GonzoStyle - 02-20-2004

It is very simple.

The fact that a distinction has to be made in the first place, proves that its viewed as inferior. The rights are similar but not the same. It all goes back to 10 pages ago when I mentioned the water fountain metaphor.

a water fountain provides the same thing, water.

one was for blacks.

one was for whites.

how is that saying one is better than the other? common fuckin sense.

Go beyond society, go to your lovable goverment and what they say about gay marriage and how it is evil, unholy, and not normal. Thats how they are being viewed as inferior, is that so fuckin hard to understand? Then again you think reagan was a great president and congress doesn't influence people in their own party and the goverment never discriminated against anyone.

Dude after all your naive posts in here you really need to start some investigative reading on your own, its really sad.

The Jays Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:
Quote:Besides, being a member of a political party does not automatically force a member of a Congress to vote a certain way. A member of Congress votes in a manner that he feels represents the will of the people.
If you don't believe that, then why the fuck do you bother voting, and what does it matter?
Cause I choose the lesser of two evils.

- Arpikarhu - 02-20-2004

can we all agree that jays is naive, that the government can suck, and that everybody should be equal under the eyes of the law? if we all agree lets move on and go get a pizza.

- The Jays - 02-20-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:Is it a bad thing that they are gay?
No but according to you it is ok to seperate marriage and civil union because one is a straight marriage and the other is a gay union. You said the distinction rectifies this since people will always make the distinction and say thats a normal marriage and thats a gay marriage, so its ok by you.

Lets make a seperate category for inter racial marriage too, since there is a distinction there as well.
The government recognizes that there is a distinction between man and woman.

- HedCold - 02-20-2004

woo pizza

- Mad - 02-20-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:
It's still evil.

- Keyser Soze - 02-20-2004

Quote:can we all agree that jays is naive, that the government can suck, and that everybody should be equal under the eyes of the law? if we all agree lets move on and go get a pizza.

pepperoni please.

Quote:One, The schools were public.

There are private schools that I can't go to because I'm not Jewish. There are private schools that Jews can't go to because the schools only want Catholics.

thats the whole point to a private school, its like any private club where dues are paid. The same way you have a church and I have a temple.

Beyond that point you can convert if you wanna go join, no one will stop you, you are free to do so.

as for the public schools, who owns them and who makes the rules for them?

- HedCold - 02-20-2004

Quote:if you were legally allowed to perform marriages you should be forced to do it to anyone that comes to you?

Mad Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:
It's still evil.
well either way one of them is getting elected, i'd rather vote for the person who atleast shows some little teeny weeny ray of promise. I vote cause atleast we have that right tho the whole system is screwed.

But jays is really really naive about politics and where we came from, its really sad. You are still in school dude, I suggest take the opportunity to take some courses.

- Arpikarhu - 02-20-2004

and private schools are not allowed to choose on the basis of religion regardless of the religious affiliation of the school.

now lets all agree on my proposal and get pizza.

- The Sleeper - 02-20-2004

HedCold Wrote:
Quote:if you were legally allowed to perform marriages you should be forced to do it to anyone that comes to you?
I think it should be the same as any other service worker. You can refuse anyone, but it shouldn't be based on race, religion, or sexual preference.

HedCold Wrote:
Not according to jays, the institution has the right to refuse them.

He woulda fit in great when blacks werent allowed to eat with whites, that was ok to since an establishment technically has the right to refuse service to someone... so that makes it ok.

Its like listening to Bill O'reilly lite.

- The Jays - 02-20-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:It is very simple.

The fact that a distinction has to be made in the first place, proves that its viewed as inferior. The rights are similar but not the same. It all goes back to 10 pages ago when I mentioned the water fountain metaphor.

a water fountain provides the same thing, water.

one was for blacks.

one was for whites.

how is that saying one is better than the other? common fuckin sense.

Go beyond society, go to your lovable goverment and what they say about gay marriage and how it is evil, unholy, and not normal. Thats how they are being viewed as inferior, is that so fuckin hard to understand? Then again you think reagan was a great president and congress doesn't influence people in their own party and the goverment never discriminated against anyone.

Dude after all your naive posts in here you really need to start some investigative reading on your own, its really sad.
Why do you feel the need to put me down if all I am doing is arguing one side of an issue with the best of my ability? THis is how I try to understand both sides of an issue. I have not tried to insult you in any way during this debate, but now you feel the need to call me naive, a Reagan lover, and a person who believes that the government has never wronged anyone.

cause thats what you been saying!!!!!!!

- HedCold - 02-20-2004

why? marriage isn't a necessity and the government doesn't give you any other privileges (i think) for being allowed to do it.

Quote:You are still in school dude, I suggest take the opportunity to take some courses.
I think self-learning helps a lot more than courses when it comes to subjects like these.

- Black Lazerus - 02-20-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:
Because if i don't then I have no right to say what's wrong or not.

It’s oblivious people like you that make this country sometimes unlivable. Nothings wrong as long as it doesn’t affect your world.

HedCold Wrote:why? marriage isn't a necessity and the government doesn't give you any other privileges (i think) for being allowed to do it.
what the fuck are you talking about? this whole debate has been based on marriages giving people benefits and that everyone has a right to get them if they want to get married.