CDIH
Gay Marriage - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Gay Marriage (/showthread.php?tid=8556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- GonzoStyle - 02-20-2004

I wont eat the pizza but can I smell it?

- HedCold - 02-20-2004

whether or not churches should be forced to do it. that came up

- The Jays - 02-20-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:cause thats what you been saying!!!!!!!
Quote:Everyone is equal, everyone was not always equal, though. I am not trying to ignore the past.

Quote:The government is not suppose to make those laws, and the Constitution say that. But they do make those laws, and those laws are unconstitutional. Bad laws get made.

Where have I said that I was a Reagan lover?

- Mad - 02-20-2004

It a bunch of fruit loops want to commit to each other then so be it. Fuck want the uptight Christian coalition types think. They should be happy for them and let the Big Guy damn them to hell if that's want they choose to believe.

GonzoStyle Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:I just don't understand how hard it is to see the distinction and similarity.

gays can not get married anywhere but in vermont

straights can

gays cant get married in a church

starights can

If that doesn't mean they arent viewed as inferior than I dunno what it is. The fags wanna march in a parade and they get crucified, so yeah they are viewed as equals.

women were always equal tho, as were blacks in jays opinion tho. The goverment never infringed on their rights....

Someone shoulda told the women sufferage people, aboloishonists, marcus garvey, and dr. king that the goverment couldnt make laws to infringe on peoples rights, saved them some time and their lives.
The government is not suppose to make those laws, and the Constitution say that. But they do make those laws, and those laws are unconstitutional. Bad laws get made.
The courts are intended to make sure that laws are constitutional.

Are you now saying that the Constitution doesn't protect anyone's rights?

Let me head on down to Washington and tell em to burn that piece of paper, since it obviously holds no meaning.
the continuance of slavery was clearly sanctioned in the U.S. Constitution, although the words slave and slavery are not found anywhere in the document. Section 2 of Article I states that apart from free persons "all other persons," meaning slaves, are each to be counted as three-fifths of a white person for the purpose of apportioning congressional representatives on the basis of population. Section 9 of Article I states that the importation of "such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit". And Section 2 of Article IV directs that persons "held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another," meaning fugitive slaves, were to be returned to their owners.

The Bill of Rights, adopted in 1791, says nothing about slavery. But the Fifth Amendment guaranteed that no person could "be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." Slaves were property, and slaveholders had an absolute right to take their property with them, even into free states or territories.
You said it in previous arguments that Reagan was a great president. But beyond that I already replied to your constitution argument above.

- The Jays - 02-20-2004

Black Lazerus Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:
Quote:Besides, being a member of a political party does not automatically force a member of a Congress to vote a certain way. A member of Congress votes in a manner that he feels represents the will of the people.
:rofl:
if you honestly believe that then you are naive.
If you don't believe that, then why the fuck do you bother voting, and what does it matter?
Cause I choose the lesser of two evils.
Because if i don't then I have no right to say what's wrong or not.

It’s oblivious people like you that make this country sometimes unlivable. Nothings wrong as long as it doesn’t affect your world.
I had said

Quote:A member of Congress votes in a manner that he feels represents the will of the people.

You said regarding voting for that member of Congress

Quote:Because if i don't then I have no right to say what's wrong or not.

- The Sleeper - 02-20-2004

HedCold Wrote:whether or not churches should be forced to do it. that came up
Yes, church's should be able to marry gays. I doubt gays would wanna get married in a place where they are considered evil sinners anyway though.

The Sleeper Wrote:
HedCold Wrote:whether or not churches should be forced to do it. that came up
Yes, church's should be able to marry gays. I doubt gays would wanna get married in a place where they are considered evil sinners anyway though.
If this was an issue on the ricki lake show, some doof would have made the obligatory comment by now:

GOD CREATED ADAM AND EVE... NOT ADAM AND STEVE LOLOLOLOLOL

:audience applauds:

- The Jays - 02-20-2004

Quote:You said it in previous arguments that Reagan was a great president.

I don't believe I did, because I don't know much about what Reagan did.

This is why you deal with writing fiction.

- Keyser Soze - 02-20-2004

Quote:I think self-learning helps a lot more than courses when it comes to subjects like these.

exactly, most school would give you the idealist, pollyanna version of our government. like cube said in higher learning "feed yo brain, fool!!!"

it's just like black people aren't gonna get married in an irish-catholic church, neither are gays. Location won't be that big of an issue in the long run.

- Black Lazerus - 02-20-2004

The Jays Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:
Quote:Besides, being a member of a political party does not automatically force a member of a Congress to vote a certain way. A member of Congress votes in a manner that he feels represents the will of the people.
If you don't believe that, then why the fuck do you bother voting, and what does it matter?

It’s oblivious people like you that make this country sometimes unlivable. Nothings wrong as long as it doesn’t affect your world.
I had said

Quote:A member of Congress votes in a manner that he feels represents the will of the people.

If I don’t vote then why do I have a right to say anything about the government or to question it?
Not just because I am a citizen. I didn’t say that the vote with the party all the time. But you said they only vote for the will of the people. That statement is a flat out untruth.

you've entered the no spin zone.

- Keyser Soze - 02-20-2004

i've been hannitized!

This is another topic all together, but saying "if you don't vote, you have no right to complain" is bullshit. sure voting doesn't hurt. but it is pretty meaningless in comparison to a lot of other stuff you can do to help whatever cause you are for.

- The Jays - 02-20-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:This is why you deal with writing fiction.
Show me a post where I proclaim the glory of Reagan. I seriously don't believe that I ever said that, because I really don't know alot about him. All you are doing is insulting me, and I really don't understand why you are doing that, when all I have been trying to do throughout this entire debate is understand both sides of the issue as best as I can.

I admit that my knowledge is limited, but how else do I gain more knowledge than by asking questions, and comparing them to what I know, and what I have learned?

- The Jays - 02-20-2004

Black Lazerus Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:

I had said

If I don’t vote then why do I have a right to say anything about the government or to question it?
Not just because I am a citizen. I didn’t say that the vote with the party all the time. But you said they only vote for the will of the people. That statement is a flat out untruth.
From what I understand, the reason we vote people into office is so that they put into policy that which is the will of the people.

Maybe I'm only choosing to look at it from the position of what is it intended to do, and not how it is practiced.

I look at it from that viewpoint so that I can compare its intended practice, and its realistic practice.

- The Jays - 02-20-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:
Quote:I think self-learning helps a lot more than courses when it comes to subjects like these.

exactly, most school would give you the idealist, pollyanna version of our government. like cube said in higher learning "feed yo brain, fool!!!"
So, basically, it's ok to seek out independant self learning methods in order to educate myself, but not here, because I'm only going to be called naive because I'm trying to understand things better.

- Black Lazerus - 02-20-2004

na·ive

1 : marked by unaffected simplicity : ARTLESS, INGENUOUS
2 a : deficient in worldly wisdom or informed judgment;