CDIH
Red Sox - Yankees - The Final Showdown - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Red Sox - Yankees - The Final Showdown (/showthread.php?tid=9473)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

- Galt - 10-20-2004

Partially because I am a sox fan, partially because I hate the Yankees, but mostly for the sheer comedic madness can you imagine the reaction of Steinbrenner and Yankee management if they actually commit the biggest choke in professional sports history?

That onion article about them signing every player in baseball might not be very far off.

- Arpikarhu - 10-20-2004

TheGMANN Wrote:How could Arod think he could get away with such a blatant bullshit move ??

"Ooooh....no one will see it. Especially not FOX with its 80 cameras at every angle possible and 225 replays!!! Nope...no sirree bob"
1. he doesnt care about the cameras , only the umpires. no instant replay in baseball. duh.

2. he damn near did get away with it.

- Galt - 10-20-2004

this uproar over what he did is surprising. I would have done it. It was a clever attempt. Nothing wrong with trying.

- Keyser Soze - 10-20-2004

he could have been more non chalant about it, it was so blatent.

- HedCold - 10-20-2004

what got me was it seemed like he was annoyed he was called out for it

- GonzoStyle - 10-20-2004

Well you gotta play the part and hope you can sway them even though it never works, kinda like you know you are finally caught in a lie with and you still stick by your lame story no matter what even though its been disproven with all the evidence in the world... worked for OJ.

- GonzoStyle - 10-20-2004

I gotta admit one thing, I hate schilling but he won a ton or respect atleast in my mind for his performance last night. If history proves anything its that the red sox can not win tonight and will fuck it up somehow but I gotta admit i'm kinda worried especially with brown goin tonight, i'd be more nervous if vasquez was pitching though.

Wakefield is a wildcard, he'll either pitch a gem or get knocked for 7 runs. If the sox win it's gonna be a fuckin horror show for the next year.

When I was at the diner last night I saw the replay on espn and the ball fly outta the glove as a rod was goin for first I didnt notice the knock by a rod cause the sound wasnt on TV and immediatly thought that probably started the meltdown for the sox but I was dumbfounded when I saw the screen come on with the final score.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 10-20-2004

I think A-rod thought he was sufficiently in the base path and it's ok to do that if he's in the base path...also Mencavich (sp) was blocking the bag completly. Not defending what he did...just giving what I think are the reasons he did it.

- Galt - 10-20-2004

I just bet on the Yankees.

If the Yankees win, I win. If the Yankees lose, the Red Sox win. I can't lose this deal.

- drusilla - 10-20-2004

there has to be something wrong with that

never bet against your team.

- Galt - 10-20-2004

Nope. Can't lose. It's OK to bet against my team. I'm like Mush from Bronx Tale.

rivera, top nine, sox down by 2 runs tie the game and yankees go on to win in 12

- The Jays - 10-20-2004

Quote:Wakefield is a wildcard, he'll either pitch a gem or get knocked for 7 runs.

He's in the bullpen; Derek Lowe is starting.

Yeah, but you know the Yanks and Sox will use every available pitcher, if necessary.

- IrishAlkey - 10-20-2004

I'm so glad this series will finally end tonight.

I can't take anymore.

- Meatwad - 10-20-2004

Yeah he is, but she looks and sounds like Alex Rodriguez. It's uncanny.

- The Jays - 10-21-2004

why the fuck do they fucking advertise everywhere that the fucking game is fucking starting at eight o fucking clock, and then make the fucking game start at fucking 8 fucking 35! What the fuck! Why the fuck is the game fucking pushed back til 830?

- Hawt Baux - 10-21-2004

Thank god the Astros game ran late, i got back from school just in time.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 10-21-2004

game started late cause the astros went late...