CDIH
Predict the future of oa.com - Come on nostradami - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Predict the future of oa.com - Come on nostradami (/showthread.php?tid=854)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- Sluggo - 03-22-2002

Maynard Wrote:Yup, yup. Sean wins!!!11!
Fuckin Kiss Ass

- Keyser Soze - 03-22-2002

Hey everyone, i'm "in the know", FTL says so. Wink

I know NOTHING, I post OPINIONS, do I need to post a disclaimer for your sorry ass in each post?? Show me where I claim to have broken into and revealed your uber-top secret CIA documents of oa.com itelligencia.

You better run back, I think I hear your daddy calling you to go delete some posts over there where someone was being "insolent".

- FollowThisLogic - 03-22-2002

Quote:Show me where I claim to have broken into and revealed your uber-top secret CIA documents of oa.com itelligencia.

Maynard already covered that whole thing pretty well, no need to repeat it.

- Arthur Dent - 03-22-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:
Arthur Dent Wrote:And I accept your explanation that the banning is only temporary. Maybe the board needs a new function called "Grounding." Your grounded for 48 hours young man. You can even make it a status line.

I do believe I made such a thing here. What a shame it was scarfed at by some. Tsk, tsk.
Didn't think I needed [sarcasm] around that one.

Just wondering why the cells aren't on the index page anymore? Or is it just me?
Yes, I know they still exist.

Edited By Arthur Dent on Mar. 22 2002 at 11:12

FollowThisLogic Wrote:
Quote:Show me where I claim to have broken into and revealed your uber-top secret CIA documents of oa.com itelligencia.

Maynard already covered that whole thing pretty well, no need to repeat it.
I went too far by assuming too much and backed off of it, Maynard's last statement regarding management is a more accurate one. I wise man once told me "sometimes one does not need a window to know what is inside" Wink

- Sean Cold - 03-22-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:I wise man once told me "sometimes one does not need a window to know what is inside" Wink
I am telling you, that guy fuckin rocks. He should be listened to more often.

Oh, and FtL, soryy I haven't replied to you but from the ammount of spinal fluid lacking from your reply to me, it just seemed to take the sport out of the whole thing. I am not going to give you the chance to continue your psuedo bullshit by tearing you yet another asshole so you can tell anyone who might listen to a phoney like you "See, I told you so."

Whew, that was some run on sentence.

Hmm, I did completely miss that Maynard post, it was posted as I was writing mine and I guess I skipped over it.

The mod position going to my head is the exact thing I've tried hard to avoid. Shit has gone on in my life that HAS changed me, the mod thing certainly wasn't it, but it did happen right about the same time. I am not one to post FUs or use the board as my venting place.... my personal problems stay personal.

If people who were my friends do not wish to be, because of this change, then I suppose it's my own damn fault. But blaming it on the mod position is a cop-out.

Or if you're saying it because I act like a mod sometimes.... well... I am one. Can't just turn your back on a responsibility because people don't like to see you act that way.

And if you really want to know why I've changed and gotten out of the chat-thread mentality, I'm too busy looking for a fucking job.

I wish this had been kept to an IM or something, but fuck it. I've been called on something and whether you want to believe it as truth or not, Maynard, I considered you my friend and hope you can understand that I have a life outside of message boards, and at the moment it's really shitty.

I apologize to any friends, and more to those who have become former friends because of this.

Edited By FollowThisLogic on Mar. 22 2002 at 6:42

- AdolescentMasturbator - 03-22-2002

Sean bash ftl again and see what happens. I hear the third time is the charm. He might finally respond.

- fbd - 03-22-2002

AdolescentMasturbator Wrote:Sean bash ftl again and see what happens. I hear the third time is the charm. He might finally respond.
i think 2's enough, am

- AdolescentMasturbator - 03-22-2002

fbdlingfrg Wrote:i think 2's enough, am
Thank you captain obvious.

Sean, no need to remind me of how bad I suck. I know.

I hold no grudges against anyone here. Sorry I sounded like the voice of "management". OA.com is fucked up, I'll be the first to admit that.

FollowThisLogic Wrote:Or if you're saying it because I act like a mod sometimes.... well... I am one. Can't just turn your back on a responsibility because people don't like to see you act that way.

The people who moderate this board seem to do their jobs quite well without coming off as dicks. For a board that prides itself on 'anything goes' we have relatively few problems. Crazy, aint it?

Edited By Keyser Soze on Mar. 22 2002 at 6:55

- Maynard - 03-23-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:The people who moderate this board seem to do their jobs quite well without coming off as dicks.
Hey Fuck You Keyser. I AM a dick. And you know what, Sean's a dick too.

FTL, I understand your personal problems. But, you don't act like an all-controlling dick in im's or in person. It's the roll you've slipped into on the board. Maybe part of it is your personal life, but I would have thought if that were true, you weould be like that all the time. And, I didn't mean this to be a bash FTL session. Sorry for that, but Magus kinda asked who it was that I was talking about. Froy, and right now, you. There were others before you, and I'm sure there will be more after (yeah, I'm speculating here, and I'm not "in the know"). I just saw a major change in you when you became a mod. You treat people differently on the board then you used to.

- crx girl - 03-23-2002

well, i just got this quote of the day in my email and it seems appropriate:
Quote:Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument an exchange of ignorance.
--Robert Quillen

- Galt - 03-23-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:The people who moderate this board seem to do their jobs quite well without coming off as dicks. For a board that prides itself on 'anything goes' we have relatively few problems. Crazy, aint it?
Moreso than the people here being better humans to not get corrupted with the vast all-knowing power of modship, I think that has more to do with the fact that membership here is controlled, and there are is only a pool of just over 100 people here that can post (aside from the thousands that post at OA). **edit OK, thousands that are members.

The posters here were specifically asked to come here because all of us can form coherent sentences and offer something to discussions.

A lot of the headaches that the OA mods have to deal with, don't exist here because there aren't morons (well new ones anyway) that come in and post inane, repetitive, and ignorant post one after another. There aren't people picking fights just for the fact of picking fights. There aren't people coming back in who were banned before causing problems (and no I'm not specifically saying you Keyser, just in general).

Becuase of that shit, people have to be banned, maybe shit gets edited (again, I never had anything edited), and mods have to excercise a lot more power there becuase they have a lot more fools to deal with.

That shit doesn't happen here. That's a huge credit to this board mainly because the users are so much better, but it doesn't mean that the mods at OA are worse people.

Edited By Galt on Mar. 22 2002 at 7:22

- Keyser Soze - 03-23-2002

Who knew Gooch was really CRX Girl.

- fbd - 03-23-2002

AdolescentMasturbator Wrote:Thank you captain obvious.
i help in any way i can :thumbs-up:

- Maynard - 03-23-2002

Galt Wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote:The people who moderate this board seem to do their jobs quite well without coming off as dicks. For a board that prides itself on 'anything goes' we have relatively few problems. Crazy, aint it?
Moreso than the people here being better humans to not get corrupted with the vast all-knowing power of modship, I think that has more to do with the fact that membership here is controlled, and there are is only a pool of just over 100 people here that can post (aside from the thousands that post at OA). **edit OK, thousands that are members.

The posters here were specifically asked to come here because all of us can form coherent sentences and offer something to discussions.

A lot of the headaches that the OA mods have to deal with, don't exist here because there aren't morons (well new ones anyway) that come in and post inane, repetitive, and ignorant post one after another. There aren't people picking fights just for the fact of picking fights. There aren't people coming back in who were banned before causing problems (and no I'm not specifically saying you Keyser, just in general).

Becuase of that shit, people have to be banned, maybe shit gets edited (again, I never had anything edited), and mods have to excercise a lot more power there becuase they have a lot more fools to deal with.

That shit doesn't happen here. That's a huge credit to this board mainly because the users are so much better, but it doesn't mean that the mods at OA are worse people.
Dude, where did you come up with all that?? I don't remember anyone saying the mods over there aren't good people. Like I said, some of them have become very close friends to me. And if anyone want's to say they're bad people, then we're gonna go toe to toe.

Dude, I think you just got on a rant and just wrote whatever came to mind.

- Gooch - 03-23-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:Who knew Gooch was really CRX Girl.
good god...i am??? i don't feel limey.

- crx girl - 03-23-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:Who knew Gooch was really CRX Girl.
:o