CDIH
Stop Feeding the Bitch - Feed Yourself or Die - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Stop Feeding the Bitch - Feed Yourself or Die (/showthread.php?tid=10193)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Tequila - 03-21-2005

This has been going on for 15 years. Get it over with already, she is not going to get any better. Pull the fucking plug.

- Buttmunch - 03-21-2005

I'm not going to go into the reasons why the failure to appoint a guardian ad litem is wrong in any detail. However, can you imagine that a judge is going to take the time to go to the facility, speak to caregivers, family, doctors, experts and others in forming its opinion? No way, they'll hear testimony in court and make a decision.

A guardian ad litem is appointed to advocate for those who cannot advocate for themselves, such as children in custody cases. It is a clear conflict of interest for the judge, any judge, to state that they are acting in place of a guardian ad litem, because they are the trier of fact and the trier of law. There is no one to say to the judge, "Hey, you are wrong, and in the best interests of my ward, I'm going to appeal your decision."

As to my original point, an independent, third-party, could and perhaps should intervene in an effort to seek to gain guardianship over this broad. In fact, her parents should have been the Petitioners in this type of proceeding long ago.

If the facts are all in that fucking link you posted, I'm sorry. But, I'm not reading it, because you keep disagreeing with me!!!

- Black Lazerus - 03-21-2005

Yeah if religious people were so religious then they wouldn't care about death because they are going to a better place anyway.

- OAS - 03-21-2005

I didn't want to come across as insensitive. I feel for the emotions of the family. In this case a number of experts unanimously agree that her condition will not improve. The husband is trying to honor her wishes and his. I feel for the parents and understand they want to hold out for any hope.

My concern here is what the house and the President did. They ignored all of the rulings of the courts and decided the law was not good enough. They decided that because the law could allow for the feeding tube to be removed as the courts have ruled that they were going to pass a law that could force the courts to overrule the existing law and rulings and force the courts to re-insert the tube. The religious right decided that the courts and the Supreme Court were ruling against their belief, so pass a law that supports their belief.

We have laws that we have not passed the house for years that would benefit millions of Americans. Instead we pass a law overnight that benefits one woman. I don't want to see this woman suffer any more than she already has. However, we need to allow the courts to decide on the laws that we have and we should not pass new laws if we are unhappy with the rulings of the courts.

- Silera - 03-21-2005

They are gun ho to pass this law in order to open the door to re-examination of Roe v. Wade.

- Keyser Soze - 03-21-2005

i dont see this as a classic case of someone in a coma. this woman is responsive and is not being rehabilitated like she could be. if she had some sort of living will and asked to die if she were in this state, then fine, but she didnt so its a tough decision. the politics of it are fucking awful. i dont want to even think about what the conservatives or liberals think about this. id rather focus on one woman and what she would have wanted if she could decide.

- Silera - 03-21-2005

She didn't want to be kept alive like this. People other than her husband testified to it. She is not responsive. Her movements are involuntary, much like if you hit my knee it will kick forward. I don't choose to make it kick, it just does.

- Buttmunch - 03-21-2005

I'm going to kick your knee repeatedly.

- Silera - 03-21-2005

I disagree!

- Keyser Soze - 03-21-2005

i disagree, her movements are not all involuntary. she makes gestures and she is aware of her surroundings and processes information but unfortunately she has not been given the benefit of a speech pathologist to allow her to rehabilitate her communication.

i think its insane that the government is getting involved with such zeal while they sit on their hands regarding issues that control the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. but like i said im putting aside my disgust of the current administration to look at this woman as a singular case of someone who deserves a chance to live.

- Silera - 03-21-2005

You've seen edited clips of videos that last much longer where she pretty much drools and has no consistent responses to anything

They cannot make her brain grow back.

- OAS - 03-21-2005

Quote:Now, the other thing, someone please explain to me how exactly the Religious Right is "getting out of control" when the religious aspect of Easter is dropped? When the holiday, much like Xmas, started as the holiest of holy days to celebrate their Supreme Lord and Master becomes bastardized and celebrated for something completely different, and completely removes all mention of what the thing was started for initially?

Don't even get me started on this crap. The legend of Santa grew from the legend of Saint Nicholas. It has religious roots all around it. Yes it got commercialized to death in a major part due to television but so what? And give me a break with the fucking Easter Bunny. What is so wrong with creating a mythical tale about a bunny that celebrates spring? Easter has always been associated with the arrival of spring. Must we spend more time telling little children that the Jews turned against their own out of fear for their survival and drove the Romans to drive nails through the hands and feet of their savior and allowed him to die an agonizing death on the cross? I think children have plenty of time to grow up and learn the truth of their religion. In the mean time, I find nothing wrong with the tale of the Easter Bunny or other magical tales that excite the senses and imagination of children.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 03-21-2005

i'd be interested in armymads opinion on this topic.

- diceisgod - 03-21-2005

OAS Wrote:
Quote:Now, the other thing, someone please explain to me how exactly the Religious Right is "getting out of control" when the religious aspect of Easter is dropped? When the holiday, much like Xmas, started as the holiest of holy days to celebrate their Supreme Lord and Master becomes bastardized and celebrated for something completely different, and completely removes all mention of what the thing was started for initially?

Don't even get me started on this crap. The legend of Santa grew from the legend of Saint Nicholas. It has religious roots all around it. Yes it got commercialized to death in a major part due to television but so what? And give me a break with the fucking Easter Bunny. What is so wrong with creating a mythical tale about a bunny that celebrates spring? Easter has always been associated with the arrival of spring. Must we spend more time telling little children that the Jews turned against their own out of fear for their survival and drove the Romans to drive nails through the hands and feet of their savior and allowed him to die an agonizing death on the cross? I think children have plenty of time to grow up and learn the truth of their religion. In the mean time, I find nothing wrong with the tale of the Easter Bunny or other magical tales that excite the senses and imagination of children.
That woman in the coma has better reading comprehension

- OAS - 03-21-2005

Quote:That woman in the coma has better reading comprehension
Sorry your Holiness, I tend to ramble. Absolve me of my sins so as I do not follow the fate of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I would be a scary site nailed to a cross.

- Silera - 03-21-2005

They should feed Terry Schiavo the easter bunny.

- Tequila - 03-21-2005

This is getting out of control now.

- HedCold - 03-21-2005

its just funny these are the same people who think science is the devil, then they'll use it to keep someone alive

"Science is like the person that spoils the ending of a good book, Well we don't wanna hear the ending!"
then -
"I'm paralyzed from the neck down,only medical science can save me now!"

- Tequila - 03-21-2005

That right science is the debil Bobby Boucher.

- OAS - 03-21-2005

I just read some of the coments from lawmakers and the President on why they passed this law at 1 in the morning. I find it amazing that once again the Republican party that preaches less government, is the party that forced government into the life of one citizen.